 Trains / 1127
Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:42:03 GMT

Joe,

Thanks for the pictures and the comments. I haven't got around to copying your
caboose yet, but when I do copy it I might try one of the larger 4x3 windows
instead of the small 2x2. It probably won't look right with the bigger window.
Did you try the bigger window?

Oh, by the way, your Southern Pacific Engine looks too nice. It is weird you SP
deisel look better than the SP diesels I see. The real SP diesels always look
dull, dirty, drab and boring. Maybe you need to cover your model in dirt and
grime?

Thanks for the ideas.

Chris

PS. Are Micro-scale decal sheets removeable stickers or are they semipermanent
rub on decals?

Joe Davenport wrote:

Hi Chris,

First, thanks!  I'm glad you like my stuff.  I found an older picture of the
caboose taken at an angle so the ends can be seen.  Check it out at:

http://userweb.springnet1.com/jdavenp/Caboose.jpg

The doors are just the plain old freestyle type that have been around
forever.  I used those doors mainly because I don't have any red train doors
and I have a ton of these town versions.  :-(

They don't look too terrible since the four square panes in the door match
the rectangular 70's style windows.

Joe

Christopher Masi wrote:

Joe,

  Love your models. I was curious about the style of door you use on
your caboose. Since the picture is a side shot the doors cannot be seen.
Also, I would love to hear your comments on whether or not you think the
doors that you chose are asthetically right. That is, if you care to
make any comments I would love to here them.

Thanks,
Chris