 Trains / 1132
Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:50:13 GMT

D Blomberg wrote:

Here's my two cents, not that anyone cares.

We all like to hear feedback!

I like the proportions and interior detailing of Larry's red caboose.
But, I like the black roof and decals on Joe's.  I think the decals
make all the difference in the world between the two models.
Picture in your mind, Joe's model without the decals.  The sides
are simply pretty much solid red.  I like the decals

Modelers who are pure and choose not to use them have to add other
details
and interests to their creations... so Larry has chosen to add
a lot more windows and shutters.

The columns that support the roof overhang on Larry's are cool,
In contrast, the red lattice fence on Joe's doesn't seem right.
Too bad TLG doesn't make a square railing with vertical-only slats.
If Joe's model had a piece like that on the front and rear in black...

I tried one of the rounded tube 4 stud wide 'roll bar' pieces for the
railing first, but it didn't look right.  I could try the piece Lego uses
for train railings, but it is 6 studs wide and I wanted to put the hand
wheel on the ends also.

Joe