 Trains / 1140
Re: Hey, Joe. What doors do you use on your caboose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 18:51:24 GMT

There *is* a particular printer that will print white, but, of course, you'd have
to buy it:-(  I could find the brand if anyone cared....:-)

Tom McDonald wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Tamyra Teed ("Mookie") writes:
<snip>
around holidays.  Only problem I see with these is the fact that you
can't print white, (yet they show something printed with white on the
front of the pack) hence the reason I haven't opened them yet. I know
the static part should work, Cat hair sure sticks to the bricks!
There are 15 sheets in the pack.
If anyone is curious to see if their Sam's as them, the item number is
956712 and they cost 13.62 they are made by Royal Brites there's no addy
on the package anywhere.

For white, you would have to put white bricks under where you wanted the white
lettering/graphic to be and make the lettering transparent (or rather no color
at all) so the white would come through. But of course, you have to color
everything around it so you don't get any inadvertantly white peeking through.

I've thought about this too, but haven't done it. I like the idea of the static
clingy transparencies better though. I hate the idea of making a sticker to
perfection, and then having to peel it off (and keep it safe and clean where?).
I think clings would be easier to keep, wouldn't they?

-Tom McD.
when replying, remember don't cling to the spamcake.