 Trains / 1141
Re: Maersk Truck sighting in Michigan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:33:13 GMT

Rob Doucette wrote:

Gary Istok wrote in message <372880DE.ABFFD97F@umich.edu>...
Is this rare?  Or are they common in the USA?

Travel in any city with a deep water port such as Baltimore, and you will
see Maersk container trucks as well as those of other transoceanic freight
companies.  I'm guessing the container ships would also make it through the
Great Lakes.  Lego fans in the fly-over states probably won't see many
Maesrk containers unless they are on rail cars.

I see them all the time in container yards (train and portside) as I fly
in to places. That light blue is pretty distinctive. Containers get
mixed around a lot, they're the boxcars of the late millenium, they get
loaded by anyone and sent anywhere, to a certain extent.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.