 Trains / 1142
Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 22:18:55 GMT

Can you imagine if this company made better sets than TLG? If TLG keeps
going the way they do, I might have to switch. From what I have seen, it
looks a lot better than Town Junior does. I like the military sets as
well. Any chance of seeing these in the US? Anyone else?

Scott Sanburn

Lawrence Wilkes wrote:

My village toy store started selling Best Lock ( a Lego Compatible) a couple
of weeks back -
They have an interesting range (much more extensive than Mega Blocks ever
was)
Prices are at least half a comparable Lego set.
Check out
http://www.best-lock.com/index.html

The web site was not very complete but they say it will cover the full
catalogue by mid May

Anyway, the real reason I posted was not as an advert for Best Lock (I am
not connected)
but I noticed on there home page the following suggestion
"if we don´t currently make the items you require - talk to us - we may be
able to help !"
So I said what about some trains?
And they replied
"For about 10 months we have considered the train idea and have a number of
prototypes in our R&D department. Maybe next year for production !"

Roll on next year I say!

regards
lawrence