 Trains / 1158
Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 1 May 1999 05:03:09 GMT

Are the Bestlock bricks the same (or near) quality as LEGO?  If they are as
crappy as MEGABLOCKS, then this discussion is over for me.  Just wondering
and hoping....

John

Lawrence Wilkes <lawrence_wilkes@msn.com> wrote in message
My village toy store started selling Best Lock ( a Lego Compatible) a • couple
of weeks back -
They have an interesting range (much more extensive than Mega Blocks ever
was)
Prices are at least half a comparable Lego set.
Check out
http://www.best-lock.com/index.html

The web site was not very complete but they say it will cover the full
catalogue by mid May

Anyway, the real reason I posted was not as an advert for Best Lock (I am
not connected)
but I noticed on there home page the following suggestion
"if we don´t currently make the items you require - talk to us - we may be
able to help !"
So I said what about some trains?
And they replied
"For about 10 months we have considered the train idea and have a number • of
prototypes in our R&D department. Maybe next year for production !"

Roll on next year I say!

regards
lawrence