 Trains / 1162
Re: Possible Source of NEW Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 00:19:43 GMT

Scott Edward Sanburn wrote:

Josh,

        Thanks, I never saw any around here. Bad quality, huh? Oh well, at
least it was an attempt. Ugh!

Scott Sanburn

Joshua Delahunty wrote:

I've seen (held, checked-out, put back) the military sets in a Target in
the San Francisco Bay Area in California.

Among other problems, the plates look really flimsy.  That, along with
other general flimsy appearance meant I wasn't willing to chance the
price to find out if they were as bad as they looked from the outside of
the package (flip the top, and you can see through the clear plastic
windows at bags of pieces).

I'd like to be told otherwise, but so far they look like a no-go, at
least for me. <shrug>

I felt the same way. I fervently hope they do not make trains unless
they can improve the quality a LOT. Their molds can't be THAT imprecise
so it's got to be the speed at which they eject the parts.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.