 Technic / *15401 (-100)
  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) Greetings, An "elliposgraph" aka "elliptic trammel" should be just what you need. (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How to get non-circular movements?

(...) Have an arm attached off-center on a gear, running through a fixed pivot point (that is free to rotate!). As the main gear rotates, the distance between the driven end of the arm and the pivot point changes as the off-center attatchment point (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) Congratulations! Always happy to help out a biped fan. I love them. Make sure you take a picture and post it here, so you can be added to the "Walker Madness" list. (...) For me, building is about experimenting and exploring. Each of my MOC's (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  How to get non-circular movements?

Short question: how can I combine technic gears, arms, cams, etc. to make a motor-driven part that does not move in either a straight line, a circle, or an arc (i.e. part of a circle)? Long question: I'm trying to figure out how to drive an arm so (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) Hi ROSCO, The slew ring uses a roller bearing based on the what-you-ma-call-it-...big-wheels wheels. For some strange reason it did not occur to me to use one wheel and then have a flat surface on the bottom of the upper works, so the ring is (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  pneumatic help

Kevin- I am in the design phase of my crane (the Demag AC 500-1 SSL) and currently I am working on the control system for the pneumatics. Following Ross Crawford's idea, I came out with something like this: (URL) am trying to control four pneumatic (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: large crane

(...) finished! I like the use of technic turntables for the crawler sprockets. Did you also use a technic turntable for the slew ring? ROSCO (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  New MOC: large crane

Hi, After working on it for one year (on and off), I've finished a large, crawler crane. Read all about it here (scroll past my minifig crane to the bottom of the page): (URL) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) Just a follow-up -- all I had to do was slightly redesign and reattach the feet, with the cam-driven connection on the outside and the stabilizing connections on the inside. It now walks quite reliably! Very cool. This bot is cute in a sort of (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) I think you're right. For the record, I tried simply shifting the foot plates in one stud each -- and this does sort of work; the bot now wobbles a lot but, most of the time, actually transfers from foot to foot. But I think your analysis (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) OK, so I think I know why it won't walk. Right now, the rotation axis of the ankle is on the outer edge of the foot. This means that when the center post lifts the foot, the inside edge of the foot lifts, while the outside edge of the foot (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) Oh, I was under no illusions that this would magically solve your problem, and it should be possible to compensate enough for an inconsistent COG that it won't matter in the long run. It's the transition point between the two where it'll (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

"Joe Strout" <joe@strout.net> wrote in message news:I2us3r.9oF@lugnet.com... (...) walker, (...) doesn't (...) Take a look at another "Joe" He is my favorite for making simple things do complex work. (URL) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) I'll try that. Though if it works, I may still be baffled as to why. What is it that causes the CG to move over the down foot at all? At the start of a walk cycle (when we go from both feet flat to one foot lifting), you have one foot lifting (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) I appreciate the attempt, but I don't think that's it. Despite how it might look it is, in fact, very carefully balanced, and the bot doesn't seem to favor one foot over the other. Thanks, - Joe (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) Good explanations so far. Here are some additions. The problem is that you are not truly getting the center of gravity inside the footprint of the down foot. The critical part is to get the center of gravity past the inside edge of each foot. (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

Here's my opinion: Your CG is too low or your feet are tooo heavy. Your bot is not able able to put enaugh weight over to one side (or the other) to balance on one leg. Try either making lighter feet or raise your CG by raising the motor assembly up (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: why won't my biped walk?

(...) A useful first step would be to clean up the construction of the motor/gear housing to make it symmetrical. With how jumbled some of those parts look, I'd be very surprised if your center-of-gravity isn't off-center. If it is, that would mean (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  why won't my biped walk?

A newbie needs some help here... I tried to make a biped COG-shifting walker, based on the many excellent examples found in the archives here. But it doesn't walk -- it just tips up onto the edges of its feet. Here's the starting position (both feet (...) (20 years ago, 22-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) I was in a rush getting ready for BrickFest. I changed over my radial compressor from yellow to red (SSClagorpion's official color). In the process I accidentally cut the hoses on four pumps. I've changed the outer bracing structure so that (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Air Muscles

Thank you Chris. Your page really helped me a lot. Andrew (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Air Muscles

(...) Wow, Chris, you have done some really amazing things! I love your home-built air muscle, very clever (and much cheaper than the name-brand kind). I also really like your pneumatic board, with the compressor for recharging the air cylinders. I (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Suspension

(...) With Lego pneumatic parts it would be different from the real thing, since Lego cylinders are to coarse in operation, with to much friction to be able to stop accurately at a given position with a given air pressure. However, the way to do it (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loooooong axles

I just got my 3578. It contains four 16-stud-long axles and two 32-stud-long axles, all in white. These are plain, regular Technic axles. Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Capacitors

"Andrew G. Meyer" <agmlego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:I2JLKD.1KEL@lugnet.com... (...) nearly (...) especially (...) They are quite useful with the Lego Solar Cell. They will regulate the out put at 2.5 volts DC. (URL) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Air Muscles

(...) Hi Andrew is it what you're looking for ?? (URL) I' ve created LEGO compatible air-muscles 3 years ago,you should vivsit my page: (URL) you will find it in pneumatic section. Honnestly my air-muscle work but I can' t guarantee a long life (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) For those of you that missed SSClagorpion at Brickfest... well, sorry. That was your first chance to get a glimps of the beast. Ok, so it was really just the heart of the beast, and the heart wasn't pumping, but that's not the point... :) The (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Announcements & Results

(...) It was quite interesting to sit behind Larry and watch him type, flip windows, send, and generally still manage to keep up with what was going on. Nice job, lar (...) I want to thank John for doing his usual fine job of running the events. Not (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suspension

(...) I'm not actually building a vechicle at the moment. I was just wondering how it could work, because many sites list pneumatic cylinders as "large shock absorbers." Andrew (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Capacitors

(...) Thanks, I'll try to set up an experiment using this. (...) We have no solar cells, which would have been cool, but the battery idea is useful. We have a lot of mini-motors, so maybe one of those attached to a bank... (...) No polarity switches (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Air Muscles

Has anyone successfully created Lego-compatiblen air muscles? Or can I buy them somewhere? Andrew (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Re-Re-Release: Pneumatic Front-End Loader

(...) NO KIDDING! "8459 follows the footsteps of 8460, rises to godly stature" We can now proclaim the 843x block taken by 2004 Technic sets and reissues! W00t! (Yes I know about 8432=8428 and 8437, just conveniently ignoring them) Keith (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Capacitors

(...) They can demonstrate energy storage. Wire together a capacitor and a motor (put a nice wheel on the motor so you have a way to turn the axle). Turn the axle, and the motor will act as a generator, pumping energy into the capacitor which will (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re-Re-Release: Pneumatic Front-End Loader

I visited LEGOLAND Deutschland last Saturday, and while browsing through the City Shop...I discovered an 8459/8464 in the new 2004 Technic-style packaging. I think that it was given a new number - 8439 - which is currently unassigned accoriding to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suspension

Andrew- You have a nice idea, but the problem I see with it is that there is no digital counter to measure the distance of the piston at its starting point. Here's a link to a pretty neat website about air suspension: (URL) you looking for ground (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Capacitors

What can the 4x4 green capacitors be used for concerning mindstorms? I am involved with a team of elementary scholl kids who have recently received nearly two-hundred of them. We just can't see what they could be used for, especially for a FLL-type (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Suspension

How would you go about creating a pneumatic suspension system? I don't see thaty you could, unless you only had a partially-filled cylinder. Andrew (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's a Spybot? (was Re: Bring your spybots to Brickfest)

(...) Apparently there are only two kinds left, at least at shop.lego.com. There used to be 4: (URL) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  What's a Spybot? (was Re: Bring your spybots to Brickfest)

(...) for it turned up only this: (URL) which doesn't look anything like what's on Steve's page, nor does it look particularly programmable. Being too much of a cheapskate for Mindstorms, I'm always on the lookout for cheaper alternatives, so, what (...) (20 years ago, 15-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help building a truck

Thanks Mark and Jennifer for the inputs. I have to now start building the model! Jennifer: I have seen your work and its impressive! I won't be anywhere close with my work. John (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a truck

Good post Mark:- "Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:I2AKGz.1uzE@lugnet.com... (...) axles (...) for (...) I had forgotten about that application... also there are some all terrain cranes that are 8x8x8. (...) that one (...) (20 years ago, 13-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a truck

"John" <john.seemon@symphonysv.com> wrote in message news:I2A1or.1J7r@lugnet.com... (...) last (...) only (...) That is the usual case, in fact these days usually only one of the rear axles in driven if the truck is on roads most of the time. (...) (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help building a truck

(...) Yes, a road-going 8-wheeler with 2 steering axles has only the 2 rear axles powered. There are 8x8 trucks with all acles powered, but they are mostly for military applications. On a lot of trucks with 2 rear axles, there is some equalistation, (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Isn't this just a case of a 9V Battery box with 6x AA batteries, a number of 9V wires with 2x2 plugs on each end and a 9V light unit? For a shorter duration use, the smaller battery box with a PP3 battery will do - any light and sound sets on (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Bring your spybots to Brickfest

(...) Thanks to being overwhelmed by other stuff, this hasn't gotten as far as I'd hoped. However, parts are coming together nicely. I've been able to collect 13 Spybots, (stripped down a bit). Tonight, I've finally got a simple program working. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) There are daily "feeding time" events at 1:00pm in the Technic/Mindstorms room. This is like feeding time at the sea-lion exhibit at the zoo. All the animals wake up and run around 'cos they're being fed. Well, at BrickFest, feeding time is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events

(...) So, what *is* a Spybot Swarm? It's on the schedule, but there's no description. I have a Gigamesh I can bring, but what accessories (if any) does it need? (I outfitted it with fat tires because the cloppety-clop tri-wheels annoyed me.) Please (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Well, you can turn lights on and off using polarity reversor. (URL) can use 9V cables to run the power across the setup. Use a simple 9V battery box plus batteries for power. Use whatever you want for lamps. (...) Yes, stick to 9V, and buy (...) (20 years ago, 12-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Help building a truck

Hi all, I am about to start building a truck. 4 axles, front 2 steered and the last axles will have paired set of tires. I would think that the rear axles are only driven. Is it the case in most trucks? Will a dump truck be like that? I need some (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC racer sets

"Jordan Bradford" <bradfj23REMOVE_THIS...uwosh.edu> wrote in message news:I28s43.8FL@lugnet.com... (...) Dirt (...) suspension for (...) with (...) only one (...) in (...) nylon (...) in the (...) manipulate (...) if (...) 8369. (...) 8369 is by far (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) I said simple electronics! If I had the time and money for a Mindstorms set, I wouldn't be asking the question. :) Anyway, it seems rather overkill to buy an entire robotics kit when I just want to be able to turn on a (Minifig-scale) porch (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: RC racer sets

(...) Well I just got an 8369. This is basically an RC car and NOT a LEGO set. It is a great RC car but the building system is completely new although the shocks and chasis have Technic connection points. I suppose the only part that would be (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: RC racer sets

(...) LEGO presented these Racers at the German 1000Steine event. Myself and a few others had a nice little race on the hotel's backyard (even Jan Beyer of LEGO joined us ;) ) The cars are made of plastic elements, which are held together by rubbery (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC racer sets

(...) Scott Lyttle has a 8369 and brought it to the NGLTC club house this summer. As for an RC Car, it's real nice, right up there with the ones you'd get at a hobby store. As far as a LEGO set....you'd almost never know it's a LEGO set. I only (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  RC racer sets

LEGO's online store has three RC sets, (URL), (URL) 8369>, and (URL) 8475> (currently unavailable). There's also a Radio Shack exclusive, (URL) 8376>. 8369 is brand new, and its description says "The first LEGO Racers RC car that can conquer the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Buy one of (URL) these> and have at it! (It's 9V, like all new TECHNIC models.) Or get (URL) this kit> (you get extra parts). (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 4.5V? 9V? 12V?

(...) Pretty much all the new stuff is 9v Steve (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  4.5V? 9V? 12V?

I'm trying to add some simple electronics to my LEGO models, but I'm not sure where to start. Browsing the part inventories at peeron.com, I see battery boxes, motors, connectors, and lights rated for 4.5, 9, or 12V. It seems like I should pick a (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interesting suspension set-up

"Keith Hui" <buurin@accessv.com.SPAMBEGONE> schreef in bericht news:I275pz.1zEB@lugnet.com... (...) Ferrari (...) the (...) the (...) car? (...) just in (...) not (...) it (...) It comes from 8466 indeed. But 8466 has one piece more, which the 8386 (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loooooong axles

(...) Those sets (along with a lot of others) are at the Whitfield LEGO store near Chicago. Close ups on the box show the axles as non-uniform - that is, near each end of the looong axle is a ring or ridge, similar to (but smaller radius) the #5 (...) (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interesting suspension set-up

(...) If you're referring to the yellow axles used on the left in (URL) this> picture, I'd say that based on the fact that they don't appear painted, and the fact that they appear like they might be slightly askew, it's probably a modified section (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Bot Contest entry: Brikfas!

(...) I don't see any... oh what do you call them?.... oh yes, bricks. Yep, no bricks... Looks good for a 8" tall Stikfas, only bioniclier and technicier (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Interesting suspension set-up

(...) That yellow piece came from 8466. And 8386 actually has the same piece, just in black. I once tried to motorize my 8466 with the RC buggy motors. It works, just not well because of the weight. But I think those yellow pieces went through it (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Interesting suspension set-up

Check this F1 racer, based on (URL) 8386> Ferrari F1: (URL) Does anybody know who built it? What's that yellow piece that replaces the axles in 8386, and where did he get it? Is it strong enough for driving the engine? And even more, is it strong (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Bot Contest entry: Brikfas!

(...) Hey! That's cool! Looks just like the Alpha standing on my desk! -Elroy (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Bot Contest entry: Brikfas!

(URL) It's like an 8" tall Stikfas, only brickier. I'm still undecided as to whether this is lifesize, or a 1:18 scale representation of a 15' tall behemoth (which is roughly how big it is compared to the "human-sized" regular Stikfas model). (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Deep Sea Bionocle MOC clip

(URL) Here is a very brief video of a Bionicle MOC> It's a sort of a segmented worm. Or perhaps an eel. (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Radial six engine

(...) Look here: (URL) S (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Model: Sikorsky MH-53 E

(...) Thanx... (blush) That's an old news entry you'r replying to. Ok, I bought a plastic model of the helicopter and used it as the basis for the model. On the tail part: I searched the internet (google, altavista... they give different results...) (...) (20 years ago, 8-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial six engine

(...) Thank you again Dr. Soh. Your page helped alot. It is a fast engine, isn't it? Andrew (20 years ago, 7-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Model: Sikorsky MH-53 E

You have built a very beautiful helicopter. Where did you get the info about the tail et. al.? The reason I ask is because I am planning to build a Sikorsky S-92 Helibus soon. (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  8436 wheels put to use already?

Guys, check this out... (URL) those 8436 wheels? It's sometimes hard to believe how some folks can get lots of new parts and put them to use so quickly... Cheers Keith (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Radial six engine

(...) But fortunately, the information together with a picture, is all there in the section "Valve Gear Detail" at the bottom of the page: (URL) the picture, the numbers 1 to 6 in large print identify the six cylinders. And the numbers in small (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compressor

(...) Try Jennifers site: (URL) near the bottom of the page. Duq (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Radial six engine

On Dr. C.S. Soh's website, there is a link to a six-cylinder, radial pneumatic engine. I was wondering if there was anybody who had built this and/or knows how the cylinders are supposed to connect with the valves, because the link's plans sadly did (...) (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compressor

(...) Or the improved version as tested here: (URL) S (20 years ago, 4-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Compressor

(...) (URL) Ralph Hempel's Double-Acting Compressor> (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Compressor

(...) Unfortunately, I do not own one of these motors. The only motors I have are: 1 High-speed, low-torque 9V Technic motor 1 clear motor from Motor Movers set 3 RIS-type medium-speed, medium-torque motors If someone could show me a compressor (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the name of the little brother of big 24x43 technic wheel? (25x??)

(...) Hello! That's great news. Does that mean I'll finally be able to start my CAD drawing of 8868 ? All I needed was the tyres. (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Compressor

(...) Try this: (URL) S (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Compressor

Could somebody point me towards a fast, powerful compressor design please? I've been trying to build one, but I keep ending up with junk. I have two small pumps, two large pumps, and a number of motors. I have no one-way valves, and so cannot build (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

(...) Thanks! That is sort of what I thought, but I've seen them confuse these two before, so I just thought I'd ask. (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: motor power

(...) The answer to your question, as you worded it, is no. This is a bit like asking can you put to 120vac light bulbs together so that their total power would be more than 120vac? Of course the answer is no, since you only have a single 120vac (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: motor power

(...) Hey, I suppose that if you use more than one you will get more power/torque for your model. If you don't have anything to slow the motor you would not get more speed. but the heavier the model you are trying to power then it would be worth (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  motor power

Is it possible to set two lego 9v motors together so their total power would be more than 9v? (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where to get leadscrews used in some models?

John Barnes- Hello. My name is Vineet Honkan. As for your leadscrews, when you make them, do you only make them in one size, or are you able to make it in other sizes as well? The reason I ask is because the crane I am designing might require 2 big (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) Actually, as I have always emphasied, the large pump is better if operated furiously by hand. (...) You should get one of the Speed Computer thing instead of relying on your ears and maybe lose your hearing. (...) Hey, what will you be doing (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where to get leadscrews used in some models?

(...) Mark, I tried to email you using the supplied address. It bounced. Why don't you email me direct. JB (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Where to get leadscrews used in some models?

(...) I believe John Barnes (of HiTechnic) is the source, but they were never made publically available - the ones Jen used were made specially for her as a trial. I'm not sure if he's still considering making them, but you could try emailing him at (...) (20 years ago, 1-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Where to get leadscrews used in some models?

The only reference I can find to leadscerws is in Jen Clark's pages, and she makes a passing refereence to the owner of Hitechnic as being the source but a quick check on Hitechnic's web page does not show anything resembling a lego compatible (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) Report. (...) That is so cool, we should leave the compressor exposed some how so it could be seen. *Ahem, carry on. (...) Plus is that sweet radial design x2! *Ahem, yes. (...) Radially. (makes "OK" symbol with hands) (...) Right, hence the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: I have (...) -snip- eggsalad. Plus we'll be sitting down to discuss the project. e (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor

(...) Thanks Eric, I have a progress report, boss.... ;^) I have completed two compressors. The first is basically a two large pump compressor driven by two RC racer's motors (very powerful). This compressor is implemented with one large piston and (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Loooooong axles

Hello Duq (...) I haven't seen mentioned in here. I have seen those on pictures too, but I haven't seen the sets yet. Haven't thought about it actually. Have you? do they work? I hope these axles can stand some torsion... If so then they are great (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Loooooong axles

I may have missed a posting, but have any other Tech-heads noticed the 30-ish long axles in sets 3578 and 3579? Looks interesting... Duq (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume

(...) All I have to show for SSClagorpion is two possible choices for compressor. Once I pick a compressor, I can build the torso out from there. SSClagorpion has been set aside because of preparations for BrickFest. I have these things ready to (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Hi Dennis, Yep, it took a lot of time to setup the crane and get some nice shots, but as you said, its all worth it, when the pictures are great. But I think it almost took more time to setup and photograph, than building the model. As the (...) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: ideas and a little help

Ross- Here's the link: (URL) (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ideas and a little help

Ross- Following your idea of incorporating these 'isolation' switches, I revamped my pneumatic control system. In addition I drew directional arrows beside the pneumatic tubes. The blue arrows are lightly faded though. (20 years ago, 31-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Amazing! This definately is the hightest LEGO crane at the moment. I saw the beams bends a lot: (URL) But while the boom is not that wide it doesn't have a lot a torsion. I suggest you needed a lot of time to set it up but all efforts resulted (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact