 Technic / 12999
Re: Radial six engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 2004 02:16:22 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Chio Siong Soh wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Andrew G. Meyer wrote:
On Dr. C.S. Soh's website, there is a link to a six-cylinder, radial pneumatic
engine. I was wondering if there was anybody who had built this and/or knows how
the cylinders are supposed to connect with the valves, because the link's plans
sadly did not include this information.

But fortunately, the information together with a picture, is all there in the
section "Valve Gear Detail" at the bottom of the page:
http://fifth-r.com/cssoh1/engine3/radial.htm

In the picture, the numbers 1 to 6 in large print identify the six cylinders.
And the numbers in small print on the valve ports correspond with the numbers on
the cylinders. Notice that each valve controls an opposing pair of cylinders.

Also, if anybody has used the new valves
with the attached connector holes with this engine, please tell me how to
prevent them from removing themselves from the framework of the engine. I cannot
use the valves that are used with this engine because I have but one of them,
but plenty of the other type.

Sorry, can't help you on this. I'm not much of a stud-free fan myself.

C S

Thank you again Dr. Soh. Your page helped alot. It is a fast engine, isn't it?

Andrew