 Technic / 12972
Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:18:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   Hi everyone,

I will just invite you to see my latest creation, not a new MOC, but improved. My 1:30 scale Gottwald AK850 now reaches 5.20 meters up in the sky. The description is also extended with new pictures and details of the model. Welcome on my site LEGO Mobile Cranes

Best regards from Denmark

Anders Gaasedal

Amazing! This definately is the hightest LEGO crane at the moment.

I saw the beams bends a lot:

But while the boom is not that wide it doesn’t have a lot a torsion. I suggest you needed a lot of time to set it up but all efforts resulted in these great pictures.

Now the five metres barrier is reached it’s time to go up to six metres. Who’s next?

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Yep, it took a lot of time to setup the crane and get some nice shots, but as you said, its all worth it, when the pictures are great. But I think it almost took more time to setup and photograph, than building the model.

As the above pictures shows the boom bends a lot, but I think it could have managed to hold at an even longer boom. The problem is stability in this height, 5,20 meters high, but only 9,2 cm wide at the turntable, thats the problem.

Anders