 Technic / 13023
Re: Help building a truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:25:47 GMT

"John" <john.seemon@symphonysv.com> wrote in message
news:I2A1or.1J7r@lugnet.com...
Hi all,

I am about to start building a truck. 4 axles, front 2 steered and the • last
axles will have paired set of tires. I would think that the rear axles are • only
driven. Is it the case in most trucks?

That is the usual case, in fact these days usually only one of the rear
axles in driven if the truck is on roads most of the time.

Will a dump truck be like that?

Because these go offroad frequently, they are usually 8x4 (both rear axles
driven). You sometimes get 8x6 or 8x8, but this is very unusual.

Jennifer