 Technic / 13015
Re: RC racer sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:17:08 GMT

"Jordan Bradford" <bradfj23REMOVE_THIS_SPAM_THINGY@uwosh.edu> wrote in
message news:I28s43.8FL@lugnet.com...

8369 is brand new, and its description says

"The first LEGO Racers RC car that can conquer the outdoors! Steer the • Dirt
Crusher through dirt, gravel, mud and more and watch it come out on top.
Features three channels and manual speed shift option, adjustable • suspension for
speed and road conditions, and a groundbreaking new building experience • with
flexible nylon elements. Batteries and charger included."

The <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8369 LUGNET set reference> shows that • only one
person owns this set so far. For anyone else who owns it but hasn't filled • in
the form on that page, I have some questions.

What do they mean by "groundbreaking new building experience with flexible • nylon
elements"? What pieces are they? Have you in fact tried this set outdoors • in the
mud? And how does that manual speed shift work? Does that mean you • manipulate
something on the car, or on the remote control? How about the adjustable
suspension -- how does it work?

If I were to buy one of the four sets mentioned above, which one would you
recommend? The only reason I want an RC set is to get the powerful
<http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/5292 5292 RC motors>. On the other hand, • if
those new nylond pieces are useful in some manner I'll want to buy the • 8369.

8369 is by far the best RC car. Take a look at
http://www.brickset.com/search.aspx?Query=8369 for some reviews of the set
which answer most of your questions.

Huw