 Technic / 13019
Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:51:25 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Phillip Thorne wrote:
In lugnet.technic on 9 July 2004, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
I'll be working on the Spybot Swarm project (more to come) [...]

So, what *is* a Spybot Swarm?  It's on the schedule, but there's no description.
I have a Gigamesh I can bring, but what accessories (if any) does it need?  (I
outfitted it with fat tires because the cloppety-clop tri-wheels annoyed me.)
Please note that I haven't used it beyond simple R/C mode.

There are daily "feeding time" events at 1:00pm in the Technic/Mindstorms room.

This is like feeding time at the sea-lion exhibit at the zoo. All the animals
wake up and run around 'cos they're being fed.

Well, at BrickFest, feeding time is when all the 'bots and other creations will
be woken up by their owners for a demo.

This includes a multiple Spybotic unit "swarming" experiment being conducted by
Steve Hassenplug. The more Spybotics units the better. I have a few, and I am
sure others are bringing more. I am hoping there'll be at least a dozen or more
of the little guys clawing and climbing around each other.

John Barnes
Event Coordinator for BrickFest '04
Technic - Mindstorms Room