 Technic / 12633
Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 13:50:57 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes wrote:
This years BrickFest in DC is going to be "the best so far".

A lot of what people bring to BrickFest are beautifully detailed "static" MOCs.
(With the obvious exception of moving trains!)

So, we thought, why not encourage the Technic and Mindstorms area or room to
feature some dynamic "stuff". The phrase that came to mind was "feeding time".

Most of the stuff in the Tech/Mind room requires the builder to operate it.
But, with all the other stuff going on, we want to get out and look around, like
everyone else.

While a lot of it looks pretty cool just sitting still, it's many times better
to see it in action.

I think it's a great idea to have "shows" every few hours.  Pull everything out
of that little room and fire it up.

Eric, Kevin, and I plan on showing off SSClagorpion (assuming it's finished) and
it would be great to have set times when people can see it in action.

Also, I'd like to get everyone to bring their Spybots, so we can create a giant
Spybot swarm.  (I'm working on the software. More info later)

Doug Carlson and Kevin Clague had a ton of cool stuff last year, but most people
just saw it sitting still on the table.

It would be neat to see just how much weight, one of TJ's crane can actually
lift.  Heck, if there are enough people there for the show, maybe he'll push it
just a little beyond what he knows is 'safe'.  :)  "that pile of Technic WAS a
crane, before the last show..."

I think having two or three "show times" in the Tech/Mind room each day is a
great idea.

Steve