 Technic / 12641
Re: BrickFest DC 2004 Technic/Mindstorms events
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 22:38:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, John Barnes wrote:
This years BrickFest in DC is going to be "the best so far". To make that
happen, the organizers are interested in new ideas for things you'd like
to see happen.
As usual, I am concentrating on the Technic and Mindstorms end of things and
there are some new and interesting challenges in the pipe line as well as
some old favorites.

Woo-Hoo!!!

A lot of what people bring to BrickFest are beautifully detailed "static"
MOCs. (With the obvious exception of moving trains!)

So, we thought, why not encourage the Technic and Mindstorms area or room to
feature some dynamic "stuff". The phrase that came to mind was "feeding
time". You know, you're at the zoo, the sea-lions next feeding time is 4:30,
so that's the time to pay them a visit.

What I need is some feed back from everyone out there who'll be bringing
Technic and/or Mindstorms stuff this August if they'd like to agree to "put
on a bit of show" at intervals during each of three days.

John, that sounds like an excellent idea, especially considering that in the
past, the Technic/Mindstorms theme has been shoved off into a small room
upstairs at GMU. (Of course, I understand the situation and the space available-
no serious complaints here) Your plan will make a good show for the themes and
help draw in a larger audience.

There are usually other animated MOCs that aren't classified as
Technic/Mindstorms, such as amusement park rides. Perhaps you could advertise to
those creations and have them participate in "feeding time" as well.

I think 30 minute "show times" twice a day, every day of the 'fest, would be
great.

-TJ