 Technic / 13045
Re: SSClagorpion - Let the fun resume
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:51:00 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

It is nice to have time for LEGO again.  I think my schedule will allow me to go
to BrickFestDC!

Excellent!! Any chance of SSClagorpion mk I travelling with you?

All I have to show for SSClagorpion is two possible choices for compressor.
Once I pick a compressor, I can build the torso out from there.

For those of you that missed SSClagorpion at Brickfest...  well, sorry.

That was your first chance to get a glimps of the beast.

Ok, so it was really just the heart of the beast, and the heart wasn't pumping,
but that's not the point...  :)

I was in a rush getting ready for BrickFest.  I changed over my radial
compressor from yellow to red (SSClagorpion's official color).  In the process I
accidentally cut the hoses on four pumps.  I've changed the outer bracing
structure so that this does not happen.  I also modified the hexagonal structure
to make it stronger (the technic cam's were the weak link).

The three of us (and a couple others) had lunch on Saturday.  That was nice, and
it kind of helped re-light the fire.

I spent a few days at my brother's in Boston, so I just got back from Brickfest.
It was a few days ride home, so I had time to brainstorm about SCClagorpion.  I
also stopped by at Eric's house to see his LEGO home life. It was great!

Time to get working, again...

Now who sounds like a manager?  ;^)

Steve

Kevin