 Technic / *15301 (-100)
  Re: What's the name of the little brother of big 24x43 technic wheel? (25x??)

(...) Oh! I thought number referred to the tyre in LDU's, but you're right, it's the dimensions of the hub in cm. And with the correct setnumber, I can finally locate it in the setdatabase and get it's statistics and number of parts - thanks! (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ideas and a little help

(...) OK so I got it wrong - this will not work. Man I shouldn't post before breakfast. Opening an individual switch will always expand both pistons, you'd need a isolation switches on each individual line (which could be ganged together). ROSCO (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: ideas and a little help

(...) Re: (URL) Vineet, yes a system like that would work. You just have to be careful to not have master set to "expand" and individual switch set to "contract" you will lose pressure very quickly :( You should include a link to your Brickshelf (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) You are right Vineet, long booms do allow for some bending. But that is not restricted to LEGO, the boom on (URL) this monster> sags noticably in the middle. However most of that is due to "play" in the pin joints between the boom sections. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress

Thank you very mutch,coming soon with new photos Bye Fabione "vineethonkan" <vineethonkan@yahoo.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:I1IK09.H28@lugnet.com... (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's the name of the little brother of big 24x43 technic wheel? (25x??)

Hello Niels (...) I believe you are refering to 8849: (URL) I was just wondering if somebody could take a look at the tyre and tell me the (...) versions, (...) Front tyre says 20 x 30, the size of the hub it is. Diameter of the tyre is aprox. 6 cm. (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Hi Alfred, I hope you got your jaw back in place again:-) About the load, it is not cabable of lifting that much, because of the poor stability in that height, Im just glad I had it setup outside in full height and got some nice pictures of (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  ideas and a little help

All right guys, as I said earlier I'd be making a control for the pneumatics on my crane. I have just posted up some rough sketches, and I'd like to know if this drawing is possible. (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

Very nice model! And good height too! I'd have thought an arm that high would be a bit weak, since it would probably allow for some bending. (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) snip (...) Holy crap! My jaw dropped out when I went to your site. This thing is huge! Great work! Now lets see you load it up... :) -Alfred (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Hi ROSCO, Im sorry about that, but I have to see if I could break the 5 meter barrier. But I'll quess you should be able to exceed 5 meters since your platform is wider than mine, and my largest problem is the stability. Im looking forward to (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Well done Anders! Looks like I'll have to be content with the longest straight boom. Maybe I'll try for more than 5.2m with the luffing jib, but probably not. ROSCO (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

(...) Awesome! I think that takes the record for the tallest LEGO crane MOC. Great job :-) best, TJ (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) From what I saw on the AC100 (URL) the operator just dialed in the length they wanted, and the pooter chose the position of each section (in that case it was fully extended anyway so not a difficult calculation). Each section had (IIRC) 3 (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) I really like the system you mention, it is a really elegant solution. It also appears to allow more telescoping sections, presumably to due not having additional complexity with each added section, unlike a cable driven section, and perhaps (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Gottwald AK850 reach 5.20 meters!

Hi everyone, I will just invite you to see my latest creation, not a new MOC, but improved. (URL) My 1:30 scale Gottwald AK850 now reaches 5.20 meters up in the sky. The description is also extended with new pictures and details of the model. (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Okay... quick question

(...) Where do you get those leadscrews that are lego compatible anyways? >> Mark (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 4 section boom (was: first pics of crane)

(...) Hi Luis, the 4 section boom just uses plates and the (URL) 2x2 - 2x2 brackets> to put another layer around the 3 section boom I used in (URL) my AC100>. I investigated using the (URL) 2x2 - 1x2 brackets> which is thinner on one side and would (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) Yummy. One thing I'd like to look at one day is the possibility of using a leadscrew arrangement and locks inside the boom like most cranes use these days, so that each section can be extended individually. But that is probably a pipe-dream... (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Of Metru and Men

[(URL) is my latest MOC! It's me in my Toa Metru form. You can't see many of the good parts from a back view, so here's a front view: [(URL) the top end of my staff, I used the two ends of Gurrahk's Staff. The other end as a blue Gali Hook. As you (...) (20 years ago, 28-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) Vineet I saw the chassis of your crane... looks great (and huge!). I'm just waiting to see the rest of the crane. Keep on working. And Rosco, can you show us please how did you build that 4-section boom? Maybe a 5-section boom can be built (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: DEMAG AC500 in progress

Fabio Sali- Nice crane! (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic)

  Re: first pics of crane

Thanks for that compliment Rosco. And in answer to your question, yes I will be planning a 5-section boom for this crane. I am doing some rough sketches of how to work it out right now (I am using Jennifer Clark's idea for the sectioned boom). Also, (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Kumo assassination spider

(URL) I can't wait until October when I get to display this with a string of missiles coming out of its butt... (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !

  Re: first pics of crane

(...) Exellent! Looks like this is them (URL) you planning to do a 5 section boom? That'll make it at least 10 wide, probably 12, and very heavy! What technique are you planning to lift the boom? Incidentally I figured out a way to get a 4 section (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  first pics of crane

Guys- I have successfully saved my files to brickshelf. Apparently when I tried to save them earlier, the names had spaces in them (a big no-no when saving files onto brickshelf). (20 years ago, 27-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) Have you tried the "Refresh"-button of your brouwser after uploading? In IE you can also use the F5 key on your keyboard. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

Thanks for the review. Even though I'm not too impressed with all this studless stuff it's still on my wish-list.... There's one sentence that made me laugh and feel old: "...nostalgia strikes: older style Technic body panels..." For me nostalgia (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

(...) Almost certainly the latter. LEGO has given no sign of intending to introduce working fluids (other than air). I am not sure it would be a good idea for them to do so, either. Millions of irate mothers and fathers writing to complain about (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

(...) Does this set actually have hydraulics, or is Lego just confusing hydraulics with pneumatics? (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Minifig scale mobile crane

(...) Hi Ross, Thanks for your positive comments... A few stats about the larger crane: - Crawler base is about 100 studs square - The boom is 3m (10') long - A quick test showed it can lift this truck: (URL) with the boom at 45 degrees or a 250cm (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Review: 8436 Truck

This really is a nice set! I must have it! (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Help posting first pics

Sorry about that. Currently I have converted POV files to gif files, making them a smaller size. Now here's my problem. 1) I sign onto Brickshelf 2)I go to the folder that I created 3)I click on upload 4)I am taken to a box where I browse for the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Review: 8436 Truck

Review: Technic Truck 8436 ===...=== (URL) At-a-Glance Item#: 8436 Ages: 10+ Pieces: 1027 Availability: June 2004 Price: USD90/CAD130/EUR100 Stud Count: 99 :) 96 page manual 1 for chassis, 41+47 primary steps for chassis 108 page manual 2 for 3 (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) Hi vineet, Povray by default produces BMP files, which should be OK for Brickshelf. But I would recommend converting them to JPG files and resizing to 800x600 pixels, to reduce the space requirements. If you're creating large BMP files, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) This was bumped, Vineet's original posting tells you a bit more what went wrong for him, I think it's better when we close this tread and stick to his original one: (URL) friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) Some guesswork, because you don't give much information about what you're trying to do, and if/what error message you recieve: What kind of POVRAY files? What is the extension? Prehaps you try to upload a extension that isn't allowed on (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) follow this link: (URL) sure you've got jpg (NOT .bmp), that they are no more than 600 pixels high and use winzip. zip the images together, upload the .zip and wait for moderation. otherwise, if you poke around on bshelf and lugnet, im sure (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Help posting first pics

Can anyone tell me all the steps involved in posting on brickshelf? (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help posting first pics

(...) Try zipping a few files together and upload the zip file. Kevin (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Help posting first pics

Hello all- Is there anyone out there who can help me post my pics on Brickshelf? I have created a folder, but when I try to upload a picture, the folder remains empty. What do I do? The pics I am trying to upload are POVRAY files. (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Minifig scale mobile crane

Looks nice David. I'm having trouble seeing the animation though (my compputer is too slow). (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Minifig scale mobile crane

(...) your fine model. You've managed to get lots of functionality into a very small package, and that is always very difficult, well done! (...) Hmmmmmm, that sounds like a threat! LOL ROSCO (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Minifig scale mobile crane

"David Wegmuller" <david@wegmuller.org> wrote in message news:I1DA48.3n5@lugnet.com... (...) never (...) web (...) David, That is one beautiful crane. The minifig scale really looks great. Shame on you for hiding it from us for such a long time! (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Minifig scale mobile crane

Hi, This is a 5 axle mobile crane. It has 8 wheel steering, the boom is raised pneumaticaly and the winch is motorized. I built it over a year ago but I never took the time to document it. Building Lego models is a lot more fun than web (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane designs

(...) Currently my design is just in its chassis state (there is steering, though, and all 16 wheels have been attached). I'm having a little trouble posting this on Brickshelf. I go to my folder, and when I upload the pic, my folder still is empty. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane designs

(...) Did you finish the MLCAD version? (...) There are several different automatic lego transmissions out there. Lets see the pictures KEEP Us posted (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Crane designs

Like many of y'all, I am a crane fanatic. I even have a book called "Mobile Cranes," by James Headley (it's pretty much a manual on how to work with cranes). Ever since I saw my first Demag AC 500 (pdf format), I wondered if anyone had ever taken it (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle parts for scanning?

(...) I was working on the Bionicle Claw ( (URL) ) before I got overwhelmed in LDraw Org issues. If you want to scan it, feel free -Orion (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Bionicle parts for scanning?

Hi all, I searched the Parts Tracker today (I think I did this correctly..) and the only parts that are specifically Bionicle-related in there are: x346.dat Technic Bionicle 1 x 3 Tooth with Axlehole 133.dat Technic Connector 2 x 3 with Ball Socket (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Robots on TechTV

(...) Actually, we're on compressors right now..... but like you I'm getting some things ready for Brickfest. Unfortunatly I'm not getting SSClagorpion ready for brickfest. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO Robots on TechTV

(...) I'm working on that. :) Whenever we get SSClagorpion working, I'll call them and tell them they want me back on the show... :) How are those legs coming along? Steve (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Legged Robots

(...) Leonard, I found the article on robotic leg motion very interesting. I hope to find time to play with springy legs in the near future. Kevin (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Robots on TechTV

(...) <snip> (...) Congratulations Steve! Are you a regular there now? (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Plymouth Prowler & me

(URL) I haven't ever seen a minifig-compatible Prowler MOC, so I made my own, and I figured it'd be as good a place as any to put a minifig version of myself* (wishful thinking, on my part, but what the heck?). I'm interested in hearing opinions on (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.people, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  LEGO Robots on TechTV

Let's try this again. This Thursday (July 22nd) a couple of my robots are going to appear on G4TechTV's The Screen Savers. I built two robots that can play Hasbro's Connect Four against a person, or each other. The first robot, Full Contact, was (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

In lugnet.announce.moc, Philippe Hurbain wrote: <snip> Excellent model, I enjoyed it very much. The shoulder turning mechanism reminded me of the wonderful <set:8868>, as did the entire moc: a solid, function-oriented creation that is the core of (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Thanks a lot Kyle! ...though I'm sure that there are better models that would deserve this honor. Indeed it would be great to see a Technic "My Own Creation" appear in Lego product range ;o) Philo (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatic trouble

(...) Hi Vineet, I reduced this purely technic pneumatic question distribution down to just lugnet.technic, because I cannot see how this is at all related to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab. In the future, I'd ask that you be more careful about which (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Vahki to Rahkshi morph

It's way wee. Linked from here: (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  pneumatic trouble

Kevin- I am trying to build a heavy duty automatic truck transmission, and I have a few questions concerning pneumatics. 1) I did a few rough sketches of what the transmission would look like (the main part of it is the valve, which I originally (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

In lugnet.announce.moc, Philippe Hurbain wrote: -- snip -- This would be a fantastic official "My Own Creation." If Lego wants to jump-start the Mindstorms line, this would make a great centerpiece. Congratulations! (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

Hello Eric, (...) Thanks ;o) Though I owe the original idea to Chris! (...) I agree, studded and studless constructions have their strong points. Looks like braced girders are best done with bricks and plate. (...) I'm afraid that my collection is (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

Hi Kevin, (...) Thanks ;o) (...) Here is their source: (URL) (...) I'm convinced too now... but maybe someone has found (will find) a way to build decent studless braced structures? (...) I had not much trouble in one direction, but couln't find (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Philo, Congratulations on a beautiful creation! I like it a lot. I appreciate all the thought that went into the design. I'm also envious of all your clear pneumatic hose ;^) Studless beams work well in some applications, and not well in (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Wow, seriously excellent hand design. Bravo. Its tough to create flex geometry using a single push/pull point. Elegant solution. (...) Excellent, I'm checking them out. (...) Sorry, but I have to tease you. Studless and studded compliment (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Pneumatic Arm

It was featured on my site for a few days, but I forgot to announce it here: a (URL) pneumatic arm>. Loosely modelled after human arm, it has 6 pneumatically actuated joints. (URL) You will find (URL) there> detail images, movies... Note: I first (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !!

  Re: Metru Nui Goes Political

(...) Obviously, LEGO is too politically correct (and marketing savvy) to openly criticize American political policies. In fact, pushing a Soviet-style marketing campaign is probably cutting-edge daring for them. But that doesn't mean such (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Metru Nui Goes Political

(...) Considering they had seven "books" plotted out (of which we are in the 2nd) before they even started designing the first sets, I think you're reading a little too much into this. Also, considering the Vahki are accompanied by faux-Cyrillic (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Metru Nui Goes Political

(...) Yeah, very true. The entire Vahki/Metru Nui saga is taking a Soviet turn (as is the US, IMO). The press release for the Vahki has a new tagline: "Surrender or Run". The fonts and artwork style used on the ad collateral is very reminiscent of (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles

FYI, While flipping through some of my old Computer Arts Projects magazines, I stumbled upon issue 54 - "Become a Design God". In it was an interesting article on a firm called Studio Liddell: (URL) evidently did some work for Legoland Windsor in (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Metru Nui Goes Political

Lego has put up a teaser about the Vahki enforcement squads in Mertu Nui. Substitute "Department of Homeland Security" for "Vahki" and "Constitution" for "law" and you have an all too topical bit of agitprop. "Matoran are disappearing." Indeed. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: updated site... (train and something new...)

(...) He wat leuk, de boot naar Texel. Vorige week nog op geweest..... Duq (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) This side of the Atlantic it will cost EUR99,99 which at today's rate equals $123,83 making it far less attractive.... Lego keep getting their conversions wrong... Duq (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatic cylinder: why not hydraulic ??

(...) The basic rule is that all tubes connecting two switch side ports must go to the same port on the two switches, to avoid leaks. You can see in your diagram that the diagonal connections don't do that, so they will leak. In a line, this is the (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) How many of those pieces are various pins? Probably over a 100+ -- Peter ---...--- Only when you try to build with Mega Bloks or you try to make a Lego compatible cutting board do you realize the tremendous quality of Legos. Peter Ehrlich (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  updated site... (train and something new...)

Hello All! Just to mention that I finally updated my site with some (unpublished) pictures of my train model. Also put up some sneak-preview pictures of my new project... something involving a working Voith-Schneider fan.... have a look at: (URL) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) It's $89.99 for 1037 pieces, a considerably better deal than you'll get with the Castle of Morcia (627pc) or the new Hogwarts (927pc), which are priced the same. Or the new Millennium Falcon (985pc), which costs $10 more. (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) Huh. They changed a few parts from the version shown in the 2004 Product Book. I didn't notice that at Toy Fair, but I just checked my pic and the box behind the model matches the PB photo, while the physical model looks like the pic you (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) I think this set is rather expensive. I saw it some months ago on the net. Now I've seen this large picture I can have a good look. What you see first is: studless! Where are the conventional Technic bricks? Those studless beams could be (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  RE: Anybody want to make a crane?

(...) port? Hi Scott, Yes I did, but I could only get a few LONG distance shots....:-( I am calling the local Maersk office to see if I can get onto the docks when she comes back on the 18th....:-D Thanx, Mark Millere Visit Milissa's Lego™ Store, (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

Another part that has been changed is the black friction pin. (URL) am not entirely sure which is old and which is new actually :) Has this been noticed before? (...) -- Peter ---...--- Only when you try to build with Mega Bloks or you try to make a (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8369 Dirt Crusher RC

What exactly does 'flexible nylon elements' mean anyway? do they still work with normal bricks or are they to soft? (...) -- Peter ---...--- Only when you try to build with Mega Bloks or you try to make a Lego compatible cutting board do you realize (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rolling Ball Clock

(...) Hi Bob, Yes, there can be orientation issues with gears and chains. Sometimes the gears need to be flipped over. Sometimes they need to be rotated. Kevin (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) They are the same tires and wheels as the 8479 Bar code truck from 1997 (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Rolling Ball Clock

Well i have finally finished the LDraw file for my rolling ball clock. i posted it here if you are interested: (URL) (after moderation) i hope that someone else will try to build it. this is the first model that i made in LDraw. it was very fun to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic) !

  Suzumushi attack cricket!

(URL) My cricket can whup your cricket, any day of the week. (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

(...) Hi Anthony and All, I definitely think that this is a different plastic. A softer (and slightly different colored) one. (Not unlike 1x1 lightgrey plate with clip when compared to regular 1x1 lightgrey plate.) I've noticed this change some (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) Already is from SAH Canada, I assume retail outlets won't be far behind. ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) Just a matter of "when"... I placed an order for one already at my local toy store and I guess I'll get my hands on it in another 5 months... <Insert mixed feeling smiley here> Keith (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) NOW, I NEED to know something. In the S@H catalog picture, I see that on the tires, it's written 62.4 x 20 (tire dimension). Of course, i fear that they aren't the same type as the old (Giant truck MT 5571) type which says on the tires 68.8 x (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

(...) I'm not a technic guy, I bought the new ones as 'new' from various bricklink sellers in order to build my Red Dragon, these were left overs. The old gears come from sets I bought and parted out. I've never used any of the gears that I compared (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

(...) This depends on the axle and the gear and how much they have been used. Are your 8T gears very used? The plastic used seems malliable. I have to match gears and axles to get a good fit. Kevin (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

I looked at my two maces - one has the old gear and one the new. The new one grips better than the old, not worse, but neither slips. I don't feel like disassembling my flails to test the fit on the gears. I'll dig out more gears as I come across (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?

In a recent discussion over at Classic-Castle about maces, something came to my attention. The whole discussion is over this: (URL) It's a design for a minifig mace that I've been using for five years or so. I've never had a problem with it, but (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) What an awesome set! Anyone know if this will be available in Canada? Iain (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Jamocklaquat - Original Construction Images are back!

(...) Eric, Congratulations on getting Jama back on LUGNET. Things are now right in the world. Kevin (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: pneumatic cylinder: why not hydraulic ??

(...) Hi Mark, Is the cheapo ASCII art diagram below what you are talking about? We are viewing the switches/circuit from above. What is not shown is that the handles are all linked together. +-----+ +-----+ +-----+ +-----+ | | \ / | | | \ / | | \ / (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) I think the functionality on this is great, but the actual look of the thing is not so good. The whole thing looks a bit rushed. The actual crane version (as opposed to the claw version) IMHO looks the worst. I think the crane on the picture (...) (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New LEGO truck, 8436

(...) Were it not for the color change, I would seriously consider getting this. Especially if it became available in australia and it wasnt expensive. But with the change to the new grey and dark grey, I have no interest in this. (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact