 MediaWatch / 1531
1530  |  1532
Subject:
LEGO Robots on TechTV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:12:35 GMT

Let's try this again.

This Thursday (July 22nd) a couple of my robots are going to appear on
G4TechTV's The Screen Savers.

I built two robots that can play Hasbro's Connect Four against a person, or each
other.

The first robot, Full Contact, was designed for a contest where it had to play
an autonomous game of Connect Four against another robot.  It won that event,
and also won a gold medal at ROBOlympics in March.

Here's the web site, with a few pictures and descriptions of the robot:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/robots/fullcontact/

The second robot is a totally different design, that uses the same logic
software as "Full Contact", but the electronics are limited to parts included in
the Mindstorms RIS.  It will play a competitive game of Connect Four using just
1 RCX, 1 light sensor, 2 touch sensors, and 2 motors.
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/robots/stick/

Being on the show was a lot of fun.  Here's some details about what happened.
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/thescreensavers.htm

The show will air at 7:00 EST on Thursday, and again at 12:00 EST on Friday (I
think)
http://www.g4techtv.com/episode.aspx?episode_key=1935

If you don't get G4TechTV, call your local cable company...  I mean just wait a
few days I hope to have a link to the video on my web site.

Steve