 Technic / 12901
Re: New LEGO truck, 8436
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:12:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   I just bought one of the new technic sets yesterday, the truck 8436.

Huh. They changed a few parts from the version shown in the 2004 Product Book. I didn’t notice that at Toy Fair, but I just checked my pic and the box behind the model matches the PB photo, while the physical model looks like the pic you showed. Changes I noticed were that the red parts appear to all have been dark-red, and the panels between the wheels and directly under the cab were all the newer solid versions instead of the ridged older versions (the small ones behind the front wheels were dark-bley, and the four larger ones were dark-red).

   In the description of the truck is written “hydraulic crane” in case you didnt quess, its of course not correct, it is a pneumatic crane.

“This is not a pipe.” The model itself isn’t hydraulic, but it’s certainly based on a vehicle where the crane is hydraulic, since noone uses pneumatic cylinders for heavy lifting.

   Does any one have other comments to the 4 new technic sets just released?

I am a bit curious as to why they made a model based on the crash-happy Osprey.