 Technic / 12877
12876  |  12878
Subject:
New LEGO truck, 8436
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:07:06 GMT

Hi everyone,

I just bought one of the new technic sets yesterday, the truck 8436.

I really didnt like the new technic style before, I think the concept of LEGO has chanched, but now I think it was the time to try a large new set, and I have seen some new possibilities of the new style technic. I have to admit that it surprised me, how many more new ways the bricks can be combined, I am just sorry that the set not includes both the new and old types of technic bricks, I think that would have been the best solution.

Now, I think the new bricks are allright, but the construction is not that stiff, when everything is put together with the small black pins. Old bricks features a lot stiffer construction when the knobs lock into each other.

But I think it is one of the best new sets from LEGO for a long time, the crane on the truck lookes and works almost like the real ones.

Of course I dont like the strange plates on the side of the truck, because they are too special, and hard to use in other places, but owerall I think its a nice model.

In the description of the truck is written “hydraulic crane” in case you didnt quess, its of course not correct, it is a pneumatic crane.

Does any one have other comments to the 4 new technic sets just released?

Best regards from Denmark

Anders Gaasedal

LEGO Mobile Cranes - http://www.gaasedal.dk