 Technic / 12900
Re: New LEGO truck, 8436
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:51:48 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   I just bought one of the new technic sets yesterday, the truck 8436. ... Does any one have other comments to the 4 new technic sets just released?

I think this set is rather expensive. I saw it some months ago on the net. Now I’ve seen this large picture I can have a good look. What you see first is: studless! Where are the conventional Technic bricks? Those studless beams could be usefull too, but the model doesn’t look very LEGO. I think LEGO-models should have studs. And this one hasn’t got it.

I agree with you it’s one of the better models in years. But they still use specific parts, like the red ones on both sides of the truck. As you mentioned you can’t use them four your realistic MOCs.

As regards the price: I definately won’t buy it. Then I prefer to other some seperate pieces via Bricklink.

Dennis