 Technic / 12895
Re: New LEGO truck, 8436
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:00:52 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jean-Marc Détraz wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Anders Gaasedal wrote:
   Hi everyone,

I just bought one of the new technic sets yesterday, the truck 8436.

NOW, I NEED to know something. In the S@H catalog picture, I see that on the tires, it’s written 62.4 x 20 (tire dimension). Of course, i fear that they aren’t the same type as the old (Giant truck MT 5571) type which says on the tires 68.8 x 24.

Can you please confirm this, because if it is the case, I’m very dissapointed! TLC doesn’t have enough money to do a new cypres mold, but they can find a endless supply to create new molds, as bizare as possible, for castle, boinicle and so on...

They are the same tires and wheels as the 8479 Bar code truck from 1997