 Technic / 12896
Re: Rolling Ball Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:22:29 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Kojima wrote:
Well i have finally finished the LDraw file for my rolling ball clock.  i
posted it here if you are
interested:  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=90332  (after
moderation) i hope that someone else will try to build it.

this is the first model that i made in LDraw.  it was very fun to do but
took way too long to model.  it got easier once i found out that you had to
turn on the scroll bars for zooming in.  i'm sure there are flaws but i'm
tired of working on it.

i must thank Kevin for LSynth.  i could not have done all the ribbed tube
or chain with out it.  (why do the gears need to be rotated in a certain
plain before the chain will wrap around both end gears?  sometimes the
chain would only be wrapped around one of the end gears and the rest would
be hanging in space.  or was it user error on my part?)

Hi Bob,

  Yes, there can be orientation issues with gears and chains.  Sometimes the
gears need to be flipped over.  Sometimes they need to be rotated.

Kevin

bob kojima

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com