 Technic / 12949
Re: first pics of crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:53:56 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:

   Are you planning to do a 5 section boom? That’ll make it at least 10 wide, probably 12, and very heavy! What technique are you planning to lift the boom?

Incidentally I figured out a way to get a 4 section boom in about 5.5 studs wide, so I will probably attempt a big brother for my AC100 some day. If anyone can get a 5 section boom inside 6 studs, please let me know!

ROSCO

Vineet

I saw the chassis of your crane... looks great (and huge!). I’m just waiting to see the rest of the crane. Keep on working.

And Rosco, can you show us please how did you build that 4-section boom? Maybe a 5-section boom can be built inside 6-7 studs using the same technique.

Luis
(comments, instructions, death threats, etc. please remove all the X’s)