 Technic / 12950
Re: first pics of crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 02:57:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Thanks for that compliment Rosco.

And in answer to your question, yes I will be planning a 5-section boom for this
crane. I am doing some rough sketches of how to work it out right now (I am
using Jennifer Clark's idea for the sectioned boom).

Yummy. One thing I'd like to look at one day is the possibility of using a
leadscrew arrangement and locks inside the boom like most cranes use these days,
so that each section can be extended individually. But that is probably a
pipe-dream...

Also, for the outriggers, I
am going to try and set up a system where each outrigger pneumatic can be either
controlled seperately or in unison. Again I've started with some rough sketches.

Sounds like fun!

ROSCO