 Technic / 12940
Re: Minifig scale mobile crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:03:33 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
Very nice David! As a connoisseur of minifig scale cranes, I congratulate you on
your fine model. You've managed to get lots of functionality into a very small
package, and that is always very difficult, well done!

PS: A much, much larger crane is coming soon...

Hmmmmmm, that sounds like a threat! LOL

ROSCO

Hi Ross,
Thanks for your positive comments...
A few stats about the larger crane:
- Crawler base is about 100 studs square
- The boom is 3m (10') long
- A quick test showed it can lift this truck:
http://www.wegmuller.org/lego/technic/4404/index.html with the boom at 45
degrees or a 250cm (8') radius. I can not raise the boom any higher inside my
house! I'll bring it outside or maybe to the office to see how much it can lift
with the boom at 80 degrees...
It is functional right now, but lacks details like a cab... It is not based on a
specific prototype but is inspired by liebherr's HS series. It is about 1:10
scale...
Greetings,
David