 CAD / 11708
Re: CAD/CAM/CGI magazine articles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:07:02 GMT

FYI, While flipping through some of my old Computer Arts Projects magazines, I
stumbled upon issue 54 - "Become a Design God". In it was an interesting article
on a firm called Studio Liddell:

http://www.studioliddell.com/studioLiddell.asp

They evidently did some work for Legoland Windsor in the past (move your mouse
over the little "studs" on their homepage for a couple of 3D LEGO scenes).

The article illustrates how to model, create materials, and light both a
Bionicle figure (including mask) and a minifig using a combination of 3DSMAX and
Photoshop.

Don't know if this was already posted, as the issue is from awhile ago, but it's
pretty cool nonetheless.

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/magazine/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=27967&subsectionid=855&subsubsectionid=774

Darrell