 Robotics / RCX / *5455 (-100)
  Re: Using USB Tower with Alternative Firmware

(...) Seems like it behaves like a file, no special magic needed once you have the device driver installed (under Windows). AFAIR from what I saw in the Lejos code the differences to the old tower are slight, that there's no more need to wake it up (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Using USB Tower with Alternative Firmware

Hi All, I have some questions about alternative firmware support for USB towers. As the author of pbForth, I'm getting lots of requests to integrate USB tower support into the package. The old tower plugged into a seraial port, and for some MAc (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Sound driver and implementation

I found the sound driver and implementation in old version (0.2.0 below) is different from current version, I am not famlair about music and sound generating concept, does anyone give me some explanation? Thanks a lot! Zhengrong (23 years ago, 20-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Now available: BricxCC 3.3.2.9

I've just uploaded a minor revision to BricxCC. Version 3.3.2.9 now correctly handles a few NQC compilation errors that it was not previously handling correctly. Specifically, there are a few (4) NQC errors that do not report line numbers (too many (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Problems with the USB tower

(...) Yes. (...) Currently there isn't, see my posting (URL) Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr> (URL) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB device driver for linux

(...) I'm trying to write one, but currently only receiving works. Sending is difficult because nobody else uses interrupt out transfers to send data, there's no working driver that can be used as an example. It's not even clear whether the usb core (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Does RCX work together with Bionicle Manas? If so, how?

(...) or in tandem if you set the transmitter to 'all' (...) Yes it is. Some info on the receivers: 2 motors per receiver (1 orange, 1 yellow), 2 sockets per motor produce different speeds. See: (URL) thumb buttons for each motor are directional (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Does RCX work together with Bionicle Manas? If so, how?

Just bought a Bionicle Manas set... (2x IR receiver with 2x build motors and 2x an IR transmitter to fight agaist each other, they do work independent to each other...) I have been told it should work together with RCX Mindstorms where the RCX brick (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  USB device driver for linux

Simply put Raj and I need to know if there is a device driver for the USB IR tower? If anyone knows of one please help us out. I believe we have the firmware uploader program working but the IR tower still is not recognized by the computer. we also (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Problems with the USB tower

Hi!Everyone, I was trying to download the kernel to the RCX but the errors I get are something like this: -When I do ./firmdl3 ../legOS.srec I get the message: ./firmdl3:tower not responding. -When I do ./firmdl3 --tty=usb ../legOS.srec I get: (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I use WinLNP?

Tom, I'm struggling with WinLNP too. Tried to compile the LegoStudio prog in VC++6, but keeps hanging up. Don't think my old laptop is up to VC++6, or maybe I need the patch that is mentioned in other messages. In the meantime I have been using the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lego LED Lights for Debugging or Decoration

(...) Again, these 9V system Single bi-colour LED light bricks are available at eBay: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RcxCC (whoops, BricxCC) update

(...) [snippage] (...) files are no longer written to the directory in which BricxCC resides. They are written to the Windows temporary directory as reported by the operating system. Toolbars are greatly enhanced. They drag, they float, they dock to (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  How do I use WinLNP?

Hi, Is there any instructions on WinLNP out there besides the ones on the homepage. I am kind of confused by them. Also, can anyone direct me to RCX talker? I have heard it mentioned a few times and it sounds like it is all I need, however I cannot (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  compile multiple source files

Hello i see this post: (URL) to compile multiple source files, but i don't understand the changes to take to do, i see two parts: Makefile Fragment and Makefile.user patch, but My "Makefile.user" look a little bit diferent. I'm running legOS-0.2.4 (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Thanks John! I will see if that works.I had almost given up and Mike was helping me set up the whole thing again alongwith the USB patch. Regards, Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi, I had the same problem you did and traced it back to a faulty line in loader.c (which contains makelx's main()). In revision 1.3 and earlier of that file you can find the following toward the end of the file: if(argc-optind<3 || lx.text_size==0) (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does RL2.5 have array support?

Miles: On the question of arrays. Yes, it turns out that RL 2.5 *does* have array support (although you'd never find this out from the documentation). The trick is to use the container-of-container VI, which you only get in the Modifiers palette in (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Battery eliminator?

Hi, I was looking at a webpage about a battery eliminator for a 1.5 rcx. It had a transformer and a voltage regulator and some dowel lengths to fit into the battery compartment. Can someone give me the webpage(or something similar) for this, I can't (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Mindstroms 2.0 and NT

(...) I have installed it with no problem on Win2K. Do you have a full RIS 2.0 with the USB tower? If so, you are probably out of luck for NT. I've heard you can by the serial tower from pitsco-dacta, which should allow you to use NQC on NT fine. (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Mindstroms 2.0 and NT

Hello Everyone: My first post here. Any way I can install the 2.0 cd on a NT laptop. Or is it possible to install just the firmware and then NQC? Any work arounds at all? Thanks JohnC (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX

"Frank Caggiano" <caggiano@crystal-objects.com> wrote in message news:3B90E72C.520834...cts.com... (...) She was in 4th grade, she used ROBOLAB and the datalogging capabilities, but we moved the raw data to excel for analysis, though it could have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Spirit.OCX

The spirit.ocx will not work with the USB tower. All is not lost tho. I am working on a new open source control to replace the spirit.ocx, but it looks like it will be a couple of weeks before I make it available for testing. If you are interested (...) (23 years ago, 10-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Spirit.OCX

I want to program mit RCX 2.0 with VB but therefor i need spirit.ocx , but it wasn't on the lego-CD. Could anybody send it to me and will it work the the usb-IR-Tower? Is there a new version of spirit.ocx or has anybody an idea how it works? Thanks (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  2.0 Firmware Summary/FAQ?

Is there an online summary of the changes/new features in the RCX 2.0 firmware somewhere? I have the "Extreme Mindstorms" book which has a good summary of 2.0 in Chapter 4, but I was looking for something I could download and print off to hand out (...) (23 years ago, 9-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  sory for wrong link- thanks Philo :-)

Mindsensors is please to Announce the New release of Infra Red Reflection Based Obstacle Detector which is very economic alternative to light sensor. For more details visit Mindsensors Robotics web page at www.geocities.com/mindsensors and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Infra Red Reflection Based Obstacle Detector-IRROD

Nice little device... but the second link should be (URL) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Still having problems with helloworld.c

Hi! I tried changing the path for KERNEL in makefile from Demos directory and giving the path for legOS there.Now I get a different message when I do 'make'.It says 'No rule to make target'?!Now is there any way I could solve this.If I download the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

I would love a copy of your USB source! So far I haven't had any luck communicating with the USB tower using my own code, so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Do you have it posted somewhere or would you prefer to email it to me (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Infra Red Reflection Based Obstacle Detector-IRROD

Mindsensors is please to Announce the New release of Infra Red Reflection Based Obstacle Detector which is very economic alternative to light sensor. For more details visit Mindsensors Robotics web page at www.geocities.com/mindsensors and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You can comment CONF_LNP, this can save many memory. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How do I find my kernel size?

You have to comment CONF_PROGRAM if you commented CONF_TM, but I am not sure if you still can download your program without CONF_PROGRAM. I don't think you can comment CONF_TM. Zhengrong ---...--- (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  How do I find my kernel size?

Hi, Is the kernel size simply the size of the legos.srec file? I thought so initially, however my legos.srec file is 18800(or close to) and im pretty sure ive allocated more than than 19k using dynamic memory. Obviously this is more than 32k in (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR transmission, strange coding ?

hi Kekoa, thanks for your answer, About the strange stop bit, I was wrong (John Barnes also mailed me about that, thanks John) it was indeed the parity bit. About the startbit (which is inverted to the data) I'm (almost) absolutly sure, I measured (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR remote control codes.

thanks Kekoa, not only for this answer, but also for your great job in disassembling and documenting the the opcodes, I used them a lot in the past. (...) Well I think, I know all about it now, there a few strange things about it: 1. you don't have (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

The only concern that I would have with this kind of an implementation is that if you plan on changing your brick's LNP address, you have to remember what address it used to be while you're downloading a program. It's not a huge deal, but it's an (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  GP2D12 sensor interface

Mindsensors is please to announce the New GP2D12 sensor interface to RCX. This Sensor Interface is mainly based on Philo’s Concept but with little different Ckt and very compact. For more details visit Mindsensors Robotics web page at (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Does RL2.5 have array support?

Miles - Thanks for the links. Is it just me, or is the documentation of the RL2.5 features a bit sparse? Cheers, JP (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: IR transmission, strange coding ?

(...) As far as I remember (it's been > 10 years) startbits are 0, stopbits are 1. (...) This is strange, are you sure it is not the odd parity bit? (...) That's fine, 1 is the 'passive' and 0 is the 'active' level. Jürgen (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

Well, I will try to make a patch for this modification. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

looks fine to me. not a bad idea! -albert "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message news:GMBBt6.C4J@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

I think you actually want dll -r10 the -r flag specifies which RCX to download the specified program to. you need the 10 because it is read in as a hex address. When you use (...) basically, whatever you set the HOSTADDR to, needs to match what you (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

The Windows Control Panel setting switches the USB tower between IR mode and VLL mode. Your then need software to send the appropriate VLL commands. WinVLL is one such program. On reflection I think I am in error about RoboLab 2.5. I think the VLL (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: Question about RIS version differences

(...) Where did you find those VLL commands for the USB IR tower? We found the VLL commands for the Scout. Tilman said that the Windows Control Panel for tower configuration has all the necessary options to configure the tower for use with a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll)

  Re: Does RL2.5 have array support?

(...) For a discouraging description of array functions you can look at Page 6 of "LabVIEW Components" aka "The LabVIEW Engine behind ROBOLAB" (see (URL) which states: "Array Tools : Selecting Array Tools allows you to manipulate data that is (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: IR remote control codes.

(...) What exactly do you want to know about this opcode? I have the full documentation in the form of the firmware disassembly... and it is online. See address 9700 of the disassembly at: (URL) you can't find it, search for "d2 opcode handler". I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR transmission, strange coding ?

(...) I forget exactly how I measured this. I think maybe I hooked a scope directly to the LEDs then sent a constant stream of something to the tower and looked at the waveform on the scope. I don't remember noticing anything funny with the start (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Addendum: It seems bad to put legOS under /usr/lib. Please get a fresh legOS.tar.z from legOS.sourceforge.net and install it in your user home directory. (for me, that means in /home/obi. So legOS home is /home/obi/legOS at my linux system) You will (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) <sigh> I'm not sure either. Actually no idea so far. It seams that makelx is called with wrong parameters. But why? Did you successfully made the demos in the demo dir? (...) That puzzles me, too. The compiler and the binutils come as a rpm (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Well!I looked in the makefile and couldn't see anything wrong with the path.As for having legOS under usr/lib, it was done at the time of installing the rpm and I hadn't specified any path.Now,I tried copying config.h and putting it in the 'include' (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: visible terminals and stringing modifiers

(...) Robolab 2.5 makes wiring even easier with auto-wire. If you place an icon close enough to the END on the right side of an icon, the new icon will be automatically wired in. This also applies to modifiers. If a modifier is placed closely to the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) The error messages state that helloworld includes conio.h which tries in line 41 to include config.h. Helloworld includes unistd.h which includes time.h which tries in line 32 to include config.h. So, conio.h, unistd.h and time.h are found, (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Problems with ControlLab interface and LabView

Hi there Is there someone who knows a lot about Dacta ControlLab interface and LabView / Lego Engineer? I've got a problem. When using a standard or a geared Lego 9V motor with the voltage regulator of the train system, I can adjust speed in six (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Does RL2.5 have array support?

All -- I'm just getting to grips with RL2.5 (been using NQC prior to this) so apologies that this is a total newbie question. The documentation is, ummmm, skimpy on a number of advanced topics (e.g., LASM support). I'm trying to figure out if (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  About LNP_HOSTADDR & LNP_HOSTMASK

I found these MACROs are only used in lnp.c as below: kernel/lnp.c: lnp_buffer[3]=LNP_HOSTADDR | (srcport & LNP_PORTMASK); kernel/lnp.c: if(LNP_HOSTADDR == (dest & LNP_HOSTMASK)) {... You have to recompile legOS as this reason, if we can use two (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: corect me please

You need to use util/dll -r1 boot/brick1.lx or Try for help util/dll Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Mike, I made the changes in the Makefile by removing rover.lx and others.I didn't have to change the path of KERNEL or other Makefile files as the Project directory is in legOS directory.This time when I tried make helloworld.lx, I get the following (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Michael explained very detail, you can do as below if you don't want to do too complex: Make your Project directory inside ../legOS directory, copy Makefile from demo to Project directory, change PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx rover.lx linetrack.lx (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  corect me please

Thanks Bill with your help the code Albert gave me compiles nicely! Now i (...) //This is what I tried in LegOS/boot/config.h: #define CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK 0xf0 #define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10 //Then in a cygnus window I created a kernal make realclean (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

(...) Ok. Now lets look at your "projects" dir. You take helloworld.c from demo and put it into "projects". Then you also put the Makefile you find in the demo dir into "projects", so you have two files: helloworld.c and Makefile. You now must edit (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  IR remote control codes.

hi all, has anyone experience with the IR codes transmitted by the remote controler. As far as I know, these codes are normal direct commands, which you also send from your PC, using the standard IR tower. The documentation on this issue is not very (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR transmission, strange coding ?

hi all, I'm working on what I call an "InfraRed All module" , which should become IR-tower, IR-sensor, IR-audio-remote, etc. Measuring the IR pulses from the IR-tower I encountered the following effects According to what Kekoa Proudfoot found "A '0' (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

Ok let me explain the whole process that I did.I downloaded the .rpm files for legOS,binutils and egcs and installed them.After that according to the HowTo documentation I wanted to test the compiler by compiling a simple program.I looked into the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

What do you mean Project directory? there is no this directory if I remember! Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

I compiled in the Project directory. -Rajendra (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c

did you compile in demo directory? Zhengrong -------- (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Unable to compile helloworld.c

Hi! I was trying to compile the helloworld.c program by using "make helloworld.lx" but I get an error "make:*** No rule to make target 'helloworld.lx'.Stop." I had placed helloworld.c file alongwith Makefile.common in /usr/lib/legOS/Project (...) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

(...) If Caldera OpenDos supports QBASIC, then there is a program out there. I'll email it to you separately. (...) This can be awkward, because pbForth is expecting communications at 2400,n,8,1 while the remote is at 2400,o,8,1 You can call a (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

(...) Interesting. What sort of class/project is this? (...) I think I have some DOS dowload program at home. I never tried it, so I can't tell you whether it really works. I got it from the internet, so I suggest you try some search engines. If you (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Using IR Remote within pbFORTH

I'm trying to work a project for class using a Mindstorms kit. I want to program the system using Forth, but I've had two minor glitches. 1) Is it possible to download the firmware from an old DOS system? I've had no problem using NQC, but the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: visible terminals and stringing modifiers

I actually use a resolution of 1024 by 768 and its works fine. I do find sometimes there is a delay in the context help changing with the cursor. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: visible terminals and stringing modifiers

(...) Yes, but at screen size 640x480. Earlier, we had not changed from our usual screen size 800x600. Your reply encouraged us to try again many times until it eventually worked, but not every time. We also had trouble with context help not always (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: visible terminals and stringing modifiers

You use the wiring tool. For some tutorials on using Robolab visit: (...) (23 years ago, 1-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  visible terminals and stringing modifiers

In RoboLab: How do you string one or more modifiers to a command? Why make the terminals visible on a command icon? Thanks for any assistance that you can offer. Sounds basic, but even our best stumbling and wild clicking did not trip across the (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.dacta)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

(...) Chris, First, I think the code in the main function should be as follows: int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) { char buf[256]; int len; //notice the variable i is missing lnp_address_set_handler( 1, port_handler ); while(1) { len = (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Albert, Thanks for responding to my post! I had trouble compileing the code maybe you could help or e-mail me the original.Thanks here is the error report: brick1.c: In function `read_from_ir': brick1.c:40: warning: passing arg 1 of `memcpy' di rget (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: Code-only Line-tracking competition

(...) David, thanks for putting this contest on. I admit that I was intrigued when it was announced but did not have time to put an entry together. The idea of a code-only competition on a standard hardware platform is brilliant and opens up the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Re: Couldn't download egcs files

Quoting Rajendra Kumar Penugonda : (...) How can I get those files?Also I was able to download the binutils (...) "/usr/local/crossgcc...-hms/lib", depending the way you unpacked the archive. Remember that the tar command can not set the first '/' (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Adjust Switch Time

When you made a Motorized Switch Point, if you want to use RCX to control it, this switch time is important value, a suitable time is better to switch point. You can find my AdjustSwitch.c for legOS, that can help you to do this. (URL) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition

Well, it's been a few weeks since the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, and all the other results were in a long time ago, but we finally have the results for the code-only event. Since tab characters seem to disappear in these posts, and a table is (...) (23 years ago, 28-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart)

  Couldn't download egcs files

Hi! I tried to download the egcs files from the source site but was not able to do so.How can I get those files?Also I was able to download the binutils files.I did according to the Howto document but when I did "make install",I got the following (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Well, you can have the modified source files, if that's what you mean. But if you have the RS232 IR tower from 1.0 or 1.5, then you don't need the USB patch. - Hary (...) (23 years ago, 27-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Problems installing in Win98

I am trying to setup legOS on a Windows ME machine following the directions posted by Max Bowsher. I am using Cygwin 1.3.3 which comes with gcc 2.95.3-5. Everything goes fine until I try to make the gcc cross compiler using the command 'make (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

Can you make a patch file? Although I still don't have it. But I can add it my patch for remote and message when I got it. Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  A RCX Switch Shed

I created a RCX Switch Shed that can be used to control Train Switch Point by legOS or NQC, please check (URL) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LegOS USB Support (for RCX 2.0)

I have added USB support to LegOS's firmdl, dll, and lnp under Windows. If anyone also has the USB IR tower (which LegOS's tools can't work with normally) instead of the RS232 tower, I can send out the modified source. - Hary (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Crosscompiler??

(...) For cygwin (Linux like environment fow Windows) go to (URL) newlib go to (URL) all the other GNU stuff go to (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Crosscompiler??

Hi!Everyone, Can somebody help me get the crosscomplier and the related files -egcs,binutils and h8300-hitach-hms? Regards, Raj ___...___ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: legOS codeI need example code of rcx2rcx communication.

Hi Chris, I just started experimenting with brick-to-brick rcx communication. This is some code that I got working. It doesn't do a whole lot, but it demonstrates the basics of what you need to do. There are two bricks involved. Hostmask is 0xf0. (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: inverted penulum

Developing our inverted pendulum project we tested today the power of the vehicle which we designed for the purpose. It looks like the Acrobot, but with twice the first part, so that each wheel is powered by a motor. Both motors of one side are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Remote Control Train with legOS

I made a short legOS program to use remote control train in smooth speed, you can find it at my homepage. RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects (URL) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.trains)

  What is a typical Mac here?

Hi all, I'd like to know what constitutes a typical Mindstorms Mac system. I'm trying to verify my new pbForth system, and it runs (slowly) on a PPC 6100/60 and pretty darn good on a G3/240 I'm considering getting a used PPC/180 to test with, but I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I've downloaded the rcx2 firmware, but at a certain point, this message pops up: "No reply from rcx"

(...) Make sure you are using the very latest NQC. The old versions could not handle the 0328 firmware. Dean (23 years ago, 21-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  I've downloaded the rcx2 firmware, but at a certain point, this message pops up: "No reply from rcx"

I've downloaded the rcx2 firmware, but at a certain point, this message pops up: "No reply from rcx" I've tried both firmfast and firmware download modes, but the problem is the same. When the lcd displays approxomately 2500, the error occurs. Any (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  NCQ on XP

Tested BrixCC and ncq at pre-release of Win XP-prof at my work, so far so good, it seems to work, compiling download ect seems to work correct. Have (lego) fun at Teletubbieland Rik (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Photos of my MOCs

My page is cleared, no any popup ad to trouble you again! Zhengrong (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RcxCC (whoops, BricxCC) update

I've released version 3.3.2.2 of the recently renamed BricxCC (was RcxCC). This release now will "upgrade" the registry settings if it finds registry settings from previous versions of the program. It will also automatically claim the .nqc extension (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: inverted penulum

(...) Hi Philo, thanks for the suggestion. No longer than yesterday we made our first tests with the magnetic-field-sensor (MFS) based on the KMZ51 placed VERTICALLY. The results are very, very interesting. Not only did we find an amazingly simple (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: inverted penulum

Hello Claude, What about using this sensor to measure field generated by a small magnet fixed on the pendulum ? But perhaps the Kmz51 is too sensitive and would saturate ? Philo (...) (23 years ago, 20-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact