 Robotics / RCX / 1517
Re: Does RCX work together with Bionicle Manas? If so, how?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Gerrit Bronsveld writes:
Just bought a Bionicle Manas set... (2x IR receiver with 2x build motors
and 2x an IR transmitter to fight agaist each other, they do work
independent to each other...)

or in tandem if you set the transmitter to 'all'

I have been told it should work together with RCX Mindstorms
where the RCX brick can control the IR receiver to power extra motors)

I this true?

Yes it is.

Some info on the receivers:
2 motors per receiver (1 orange, 1 yellow), 2 sockets per motor produce
different speeds. See:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=5605

2 thumb buttons for each motor are directional momentary-on.  Both
transmitters have channels 1-3 as well as 'all'.  The receivers can be
controlled by an RCX.  See:
http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=15832

Follow the threads up and down.

-Rob Doucette.