 Robotics / RCX / 1519
1518  |  1520
Subject:
Using USB Tower with Alternative Firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 14:28:39 GMT

Hi All,

I have some questions about alternative firmware support for USB
towers. As the author of pbForth, I'm getting lots of requests
to integrate USB tower support into the package.

The old tower plugged into a seraial port, and for some
MAc users, a USB/Serial interface worked well. Now that
the tower is native USB, what does the driver look like to
a program running on the computer. Is it a serial port
or does it need a special device driver?

I guess I'll need to get a USB tower to test this out
with too :-(

Cheers, Ralph Hempel

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com