 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2128
2127  |  2129
Subject:
Still having problems with helloworld.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 01:51:34 GMT

Hi! I tried changing the path for KERNEL in makefile from Demos directory
and giving the path for legOS there.Now I get a different message when I do
'make'.It says 'No rule to make target'?!Now is there any way I could solve
this.If I download the tar file for legOS then do I get new files for egcs
and binutils too??
Regards,Rajendra

From: "Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 23:13:09 GMT

Addendum:

It seems bad to put legOS under /usr/lib. Please get a fresh legOS.tar.z
from
legOS.sourceforge.net and install it in your user home directory. (for me,
that means in /home/obi. So legOS home is /home/obi/legOS at my linux
system)
You will probably get trouble with the file access rights if you install
under /usr/lib. Or you have to be root to do your work which is very very
bad. Try a rm -r * in / as root and you know what I mean ;)

Then, try to make the kernel and the demos as told in the readme of legOS.
If
this works (and it must work!) you can try to make a program in your
projects
dir.

Bye

Mike