 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 441
RE: Using IR Remote within pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 13:58:55 GMT

  I'm trying to work a project for class using a Mindstorms kit.  I want
to program the system using Forth, but I've had two minor glitches.

1)  Is it possible to download the firmware from an old DOS system?
    I've had no problem using NQC, but the system I'm using for program
    development is running Caldera Dos 7 (the old Digital Research DOS).

If Caldera OpenDos supports QBASIC, then there is a program
out there. I'll email it to you separately.

2)  Can anyone tell me how to access the signals from the Lego remote
    from a Forth program?

This can be awkward, because pbForth is expecting communications
at 2400,n,8,1 while the remote is at 2400,o,8,1

You can call a routine to dink the comm parameters in hardware, but you'll
need to remember to set them back again!

Cheers, Ralph