 Robotics / RCX / pbFORTH / 439
438  |  440
Subject:
Using IR Remote within pbFORTH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 21:50:22 GMT

  I'm trying to work a project for class using a Mindstorms kit.  I want
to program the system using Forth, but I've had two minor glitches.

1)  Is it possible to download the firmware from an old DOS system?
    I've had no problem using NQC, but the system I'm using for program
    development is running Caldera Dos 7 (the old Digital Research DOS).

2)  Can anyone tell me how to access the signals from the Lego remote
    from a Forth program?

   So far, it has been a blast getting Forth running on the computer and
figuring out the display control.  (I'm going to have it display our
group name, similar to the way pbFORTH displays 4th on start-up.)