 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 140
Re: Question about RIS version differences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 03:55:17 GMT

The Windows Control Panel setting switches the USB tower between IR mode and
VLL mode. Your then need software to send the appropriate VLL commands.
WinVLL is one such program. On reflection I think I am in error about
RoboLab 2.5. I think the VLL commands on the scout function menu send the
VLL commands via the Scout to the Microscout and other devices such as the
Code Pilot. I had assumed they sent them direct to the Microscout via the
USB tower in VLL mode. Sorry about the error.

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Miles Gentry writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Colin White writes:
Robolab 2.5 (which supports the USB tower) has the following VLL commands
[snip]

Where did you find those VLL commands for the USB IR tower?  We found the
VLL commands for the Scout.  Tilman said that the Windows Control Panel for
tower configuration has all the necessary options to configure the tower for
use with a MicroScout (see  http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=16390).