 Robotics / 16397
Re: Question about RIS version differences
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:57:03 GMT

An addendum to my previous post. The VLL section of this newsgroup also
mentions:

1. A user-written package WINVLL that supports the USB tower and the Microscout.

2. That the Code Pilot does support VLL.

In lugnet.robotics, Colin White writes:
Robolab 2.5 (which supports the USB tower) has the following VLL commands:

1. Send Command over the VLL port to the Microscout (supports both direct
and script commands)

2. Send 7-bit VLL command to the VLL port

3. Send VLL command to another device (it actually mentions the Code Pilot,
which puzzles me since I didn't think it supported VLL)

In lugnet.robotics, "Tilman Sporkert \(webMethods\)" <tilman@webmethods.com>
writes:
Installing the USB tower adds an entry in the Windows Control Panel for
tower configuration. This panel has all the necessary options to configure
the tower for use with a MicroScout (i.e. use visible light instead of
Infrared). However, I have not seen any software or documentation anywhere
to do such things from the PC.

Tilman

So, that would seem to imply that it is possible to program a MicroScout
from the PC? Using what software? Has anyone actually done this?
Brian.