 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 138
Re: Does RL2.5 have array support?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 02:00:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Jonathan Brown writes:
. . . trying to figure out if there's a way to set and modify values in a 1x20
array in RL and then download the whole array to the RCX while the RCX is
running a program.

For a discouraging description of array functions you can look at Page 6 of
"LabVIEW Components" aka "The LabVIEW Engine behind ROBOLAB" (see
http://www.lego.com/dacta/robolab/references.htm) which  states:  "Array
Tools : Selecting Array Tools allows you to manipulate data
that is contained in the strings. The RCX cannot make use of the arrays
so this is used in advanced level LabVIEW programming.  LabVIEW feature with
no functional use on ROBOLAB."

For sending data into arrays in the opposite direction that you desired  you
can see "Advanced Programming Features" at
http://www.lego.com/dacta/robolab/externalfiles/advancedprogramming.pdf.