 Robotics / RCX / ROBOLAB / 136
135  |  137
Subject:
Problems with ControlLab interface and LabView
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 12:01:23 GMT

Hi there

Is there someone who knows a lot about Dacta ControlLab interface and
LabView / Lego Engineer? I've got a problem.

When using a standard or a geared Lego 9V motor with the voltage regulator
of the train system, I can adjust speed in six different steps from 0 to
max. And even with 1/6 of max. speed, the motor turns and sounds quite normal.
Now I've purchased ControlLab serial Interface, in the hope to realize my
project for a control-unit for large Technic models. I'd like to use four
rotation sensors to build two two-axle joysticks with which I can control
four differnt motor outputs. So I connected a motor to port A of the
interace and a rotation sensor to port 5. I've done a simple LabView program
which reads the rotation sensor value (-8 - 0 / 0 - 8) and sets the speed of
the motor according to the value from 0 to 8 forward and 0 to 8 backwards.
But now comes the problem. In speed steps 1-7 the motor sounds quite strange
and does not have the power it should have at this speed. It sounds like the
output signal was pulsed somehow. Only in speed 8 it has the same power, it
has also on the train voltage regulator, set to max. speed.
With more than one rotation sensor and motor, the whole thing can't be used
any more. The motors receive a pulsed signal and therefore chance from 0 to
the actual speed several times a second.
My wish is to build a LabView program which changes the speed according to
the position of the rotation sensor and holds the speed on that level, until
a new value that is different from the actual is read from the sensor. This
I would like to realize for four motors simultanously.

Does anybody know a solution?

Greetings from Switzerland

Beat