 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2108
Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 19:57:37 GMT

Ok let me explain the whole process that I did.I downloaded the .rpm files
for legOS,binutils and egcs and installed them.After that according to the
HowTo documentation I wanted to test the compiler by compiling a simple
program.I looked into the demo directory under legOS and got the file
helloworld.c.In the documentation it says that I should create a
subdirectory with either the name of "code" or "projects" or something like
that.Then I copy the Makefile from the demo directory into the new directory
which I had named Project.This is where I tried to do "make helloworld.lx"
and got the error.I hope this will make things clearer.
Regards,Rajendra

From: "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 13:32:42 GMT

What do you mean Project directory? there is no this directory if I
remember!

Zhengrong

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rajendra Kumar Penugonda writes:
I compiled in the Project directory.
-Rajendra

From: "Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 11:48:21 GMT

did you compile in demo directory?

Zhengrong

--------
RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects
http://legochina.virtualave.net

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rajendra Kumar Penugonda writes:
Hi! I was trying to compile the helloworld.c program by using "make
helloworld.lx" but I get an error "make:*** No rule to make target
'helloworld.lx'.Stop." I had placed helloworld.c file alongwith
Makefile.common in /usr/lib/legOS/Project directory.Please let me know • what
should I do.
Regards,Rajendra