 Robotics / RCX / 1498
1497  |  1499
Subject:
IR remote control codes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:26:07 GMT

hi all,

has anyone experience with the IR codes transmitted by the remote
controler.

As far as I know, these codes are normal direct commands, which you also
send from your PC, using the standard IR tower. The documentation on
this issue is not very extended.

My measurements till so far are:

- it's a normal direct command with the code 0xD2 with 2 arguments (page
61 of RCX 2.0 Command Overview)

- In the arguments you may only set 1 bit, so only one command at a time
can be given (if you set more than 1 bit in the arguments, only the
least significant bit is executed)

- toggling of bit 3 of the command (when repeating the same command) is
not necessary

- a motor command can be given at any time

- all other commands must be preceeded by a motor command or a command
with both arguments 0

Can anyone confirm these measurements ?
And even more interesting,
are there any other rules ?