 Robotics / RCX / 1503
Re: IR remote control codes.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 20:19:24 GMT

thanks Kekoa,

not only for this answer, but also for your great job in disassembling and
documenting the the opcodes, I used them a lot in the past.

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Stef Mientki  <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote:
My measurements till so far are:

- it's a normal direct command with the code 0xD2 with 2 arguments (page
61 of RCX 2.0 Command Overview)

What exactly do you want to know about this opcode?

Well I think, I know all about it now, there a few strange things about it:
1. you don't have to toggle bit 0x08
2. you can only set 1 bit at a time (or at least, only the least significant
bit is executed)
3. before sending a non-motor command, you have to send D2 with arguments 00
00

So for an IR-remote control it's maybe better to use other immediate commands
like 21, 13 which can control a number of motors and the power of the motors.

I have the full
documentation in the form of the firmware disassembly... and it is online.
See address 9700 of the disassembly at:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/#Rom

If you can't find it, search for "d2 opcode handler".

I found it !

I guess I should add the d2 opcode to the opcode documentation.  Hmmmmmm.

That would be good idea, because this I (and probably many others) understand
it (more than the disassembled code).
I already checked your opcodes and at "D2" you find it's the return code of
... (I don't remember).

-Kekoa

best regards,
Stef Mientki