 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2116
Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 21:04:19 GMT

Well!I looked in the makefile and couldn't see anything wrong with the
path.As for having legOS under usr/lib, it was done at the time of
installing the rpm and I hadn't specified any path.Now,I tried copying
config.h and putting it in the 'include' directory and I don't get the
previous error messages.Instead I get this:
'some other statements.. then

usage: /usr/lib/legOS/util/makelx file.ds1 file.ds2 file.lx
[-sstacksize -v]
size in hex, please.
make:***[helloworld.lx] Error 1
rm helloworld.ds1 helloworld.ds2 helloworld.o

Now I am not sure what this means.Do I need to reinstall all the rpm files
and specify the paths.If so how can I do that?What else could be the reason
for this problem?Please suggest an approach.
Regards,Rajendra

From: "Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:30:24 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Rajendra Kumar Penugonda writes:

In file included from helloworld.c:1
/usr/lib/legOS/include/conio.h:41:config.h:No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/lib/legOS/include/unistd.h:30,from
helloworld.c:2:
/usr/lib/legOS/include/time.h:32:config.h:No such file or directory
helloworld.c:10:arguments given to macro 'cls'
make:*** [helloworld.o]Error 1

I looked up for conio.h and time.h and they are there in the 'include'
directory and config.h is in the 'boot' directory under 'legOS'.

The error messages state that helloworld includes conio.h which tries in
line
41 to include config.h. Helloworld includes unistd.h which includes time.h
which tries in line 32 to include config.h. So, conio.h, unistd.h and
time.h
are found, config.h isn't. Possible reason: Wrong path in KERNEL in the
makefile. Check the -I parameters in the compiler call from the makefile.

Hmmm, thinking why you put legOS under /usr/lib and not into your
homedir...?
Might be a problem, too, but I'm not sure.

Bye,

Mike