 Robotics / RCX / 1501
Re: IR transmission, strange coding ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 07:03:57 GMT

Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> writes:

But the startbit ( which of course = "1") also sends a 417 us puls of
IR.

As far as I remember (it's been > 10 years) startbits are 0,
stopbits are 1.

The first stopbit (which is "0") is coded as 417 us IR,

This is strange, are you sure it is not the odd parity bit?

and all following stopbits are nothing of IR.

That's fine, 1 is the 'passive' and 0 is the 'active' level.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/