 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2112
Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 02:14:11 GMT

Mike, I made the changes in the Makefile by removing rover.lx and others.I
didn't have to change the path of KERNEL or other Makefile files as the
Project directory is in legOS directory.This time when I tried make
helloworld.lx, I get the following statements:

In file included from helloworld.c:1
/usr/lib/legOS/include/conio.h:41:config.h:No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/lib/legOS/include/unistd.h:30,from
helloworld.c:2:
/usr/lib/legOS/include/time.h:32:config.h:No such file or directory
helloworld.c:10:arguments given to macro 'cls'
make:*** [helloworld.o]Error 1

I looked up for conio.h and time.h and they are there in the 'include'
directory and config.h is in the 'boot' directory under 'legOS'.So where
could be the problem now?!Thanks for the quick response for my earlier
mail.Can you suggest what else I could do to get this working?
Regards,Rajendra
From: "Michael Obenland" <obenland@t-online.de>
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Unable to compile helloworld.c
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 22:44:05 GMT

In the documentation it says that I should create a
subdirectory with either the name of "code" or "projects" or something • like
that.

Ok. Now lets look at your "projects" dir. You take helloworld.c from demo
and
put it into "projects". Then you also put the Makefile you find in the demo
dir into "projects", so you have two files: helloworld.c and Makefile.

You now must edit Makefile. You find a line:

boot=../boot/legOS

You must change this line to your needs. Lets say, you put your "projects"
directory into the demos directory. Now, legOS in ../../boot/legOS. (The
".."
means: get one dir upwards).

then, you edit the line:

PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx rover.lx linetrack.lx robots.lx c++.lx

to:

PROGRAMS=helloworld.lx

and edit the line:

all: $(PROGRAMS) c++

all: $(PROGRAMS)

Then, you have to adjust the path to Makefile.common and Makefile.user the
same way as the path to the legOS file some lines above.

That's it, now helloworld.c should go to helloworld.lx.

Bye

Mike