 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2126
Re: How do I find my kernel size?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:33:50 GMT

Tom wrote:

Hi,
    Is the kernel size simply the size of the legos.srec file?
As you might have thought: No it is not.
Full name: Motorola S-Record Format

The S-record standard is as follows:

Where:

type
is the record type. Where:
   0 starting record (optional)
1 data record with 16-bit address
2 data record with 24-bit address
3 data record with 32-bit address
4 symbol record (LSI extension)
5 number of data records in preceeding block
6 unused
7 ending record for S3 records
8 ending record for S2 records
9 ending record for S1 records

length

is two hex characters. This defines the length of the record
in bytes (not characters). It includes the address field, the data
field,
and the checksum field.

address
is 4, 6, or 8 characters. Corresponding to a 16-, 24-, or
32-bit address. The address field for S4 records is always 32 bits.

data
Are the data bytes. Each pair of hex characters represent
one byte in memory.

name
Is the symbol name. The symbol is terminated by a ','.

checksum
Is the one's complement of the 8-bit checksum.

Greetings Carsten