 Robotics / 16368
Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.org.us.smart
Date:
Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:31:02 GMT

Well, it's been a few weeks since the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, and all the
other results were in a long time ago, but we finally have the results for
the code-only event.  Since tab characters seem to disappear in these posts,
and a table is required to show the results, I've created an ftx page for
the full results of this event.  See
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/events/~48/RCX_Challenge/2001-Oct

The second and third run of the code only event were done at the Digilennium
in Seattle earlier this afternoon.  The lighting conditions there were much
more suitable for this event.

The winner?

Steve Hassenplug, at 15.7 seconds!  Way to go Steve!
Second place goes to Joerg Pohl with 19.3 seconds.
And Martin Egholm Nielsen comes in third at 20.6 seconds.

Congradulations, and thanks again to everyone who participated!

For next year we are considering several possibilities for how to make the
lighting conditions less of an obstacle.  Also, there will be a much
stricter cut-off for submitting the code for the code only event, so you
might want to start thinking about ideas already.  While we don't know what
the standard robot will be like for the next event, if anybody wishes to get
a giant leap of a headstart, coming up with a good program for this year's
robot will be great preparation.  The next event will be held in April of 2002.

--
  David Schilling