 Robotics / 16093
Re: Code-only Line-tracking competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 06:57:37 GMT

Hi there,

You can enter the WORKSHOP 3D LEGO RCX Challenge - a robot competition to be
held in Seattle on October 6th - even if you don't want to travel here.
There will be a "code only" line-tracking event that anyone can enter.
Build a "standard robot" at home, and figure out the best way to configure
and code it.  Once you've got your winning entry, send the code and
configuration instructions to the contest and let them run it against other
entries!
In the official rule page
(http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/rules.htm) it says:
"Robots may be programmed with
any software at your disposal"
but that is hardly the case for the code only competition?
though I couldn't find any explicit writing about the rules
there... Or maybe they DO have RCX'es with all possible
firmware replacements?!

Regards,
Martin E. Nielsen