 Robotics / RCX / 1489
Re: inverted penulum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 07:03:19 GMT

Hello Claude,

What about using this sensor to measure field generated by a small magnet
fixed on the pendulum ? But perhaps the Kmz51 is too sensitive and would
saturate ?

Philo

Our KMZ-51 magnetic field sensor (which we used as a compass on
http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/RoboticsIntro.htm ) may be used for detecting
deviations from the vertical. It is very sensitive. But before use we must
check the sensor-response to the vertical earth-magnetic-field. This will be
our next test-unit.