 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2119
Re: corect me please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 05:54:40 GMT

I think you actually want

dll -r10

the -r flag specifies which RCX to download the specified program to.  you
need the 10 because it is read in as a hex address.

When you use
#define CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK 0xf0
#define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10

basically, whatever you set the HOSTADDR to, needs to match what you pass as
an argument to dll

if you #define HOSTADDR as 0x01 and HOSTMASK as 0x00
then you could use
dll -r1

"Zhengrong Zang" <mikezang@iname.com> wrote in message
You need to use
util/dll -r1 boot/brick1.lx

or Try for help
util/dll

Zhengrong

RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects
http://legochina.virtualave.net

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Chris Daniel writes:
Thanks Bill with your help the code Albert gave me compiles nicely! Now i
need help with this:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Albert Huang writes:
I assume you already know how to build the legOS kernel images for each
brick, and that you need different Makefiles for each brick (the • Makefile
must point to the kernel with which the brick was built, otherwise • undefined
behavior results)
//This is what I tried in LegOS/boot/config.h:
#define CONF_LNP_HOSTMASK 0xf0
#define CONF_LNP_HOSTADDR 0x10
//Then in a cygnus window I created a kernal
make realclean
make depend
make
//then after downloading the kernal using firmdl3 I compiled brick1
successfully.then I switch back to my leGOS directory:
util/dll boot/brick1.lx
//then
error deleating program
//now i am upset so i try the process with helloworld and same problem
so I repeat the process this time I change HOSTADDR back to 0x00 and • brick1
downloads fine and so does helloworld please help