 Robotics / RCX / *4555 (-100)
  RE: New RcxCC revision posted

(...) As I said earlier, I use this kind of setup. These options seam perfect, thanks John. I'll test it, when I get back home and post my findings. mc. (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Using 'containers' in Robolab

Jerry, (...) What kinds of numbers to see on the display and what kinds of numbers do you see in the container? Can you send me your program? or at least post an image of it somewhere? :) (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Internet Controlled Robots

(...) Chapter 21 of my book "Creative Projects with LEGO Mindstorms" (see (URL) is called Advanced Communication, and covers several advanced communication projects, including "Internet Communication with ROBOLAB". (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics)

  Using 'containers' in Robolab

I'm having a bad time with the use of containers. I have an angle-container and then a container-fork. I was careful to use a (blue) modifier for both of them, set the port number on the angle-container and the specified number to the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: New RcxCC revision posted

(...) You can select text and indent it with Ctrl+Shift+I and unindent it with Ctrl+Shift+U. These keystrokes are configurable in the Preferences dialog. Look for ecBlockIndent and ecBlockUnindent. Scanning through the list of editor commands might (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Fast data acquistion on PC from RCX ?

I want to do fast data acquistion (100 samples/second) continuously with the RCX and transport the data in realtime to a PC. I'm building a oscilloscope to monitor sensors and globals variables on the PC, a bit like "Mr. Sensor Program" (URL) was (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New RcxCC revision posted

(...) Well I'm glad you apologized. :) I just finished downloading and testing your previous version only to find that there is even a newer one. I really like the new editing features BTW. The multilevel undo and the line numbers are a great (...) (23 years ago, 14-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New RcxCC revision posted

(...) Okay, another round of fixes/modifications. Sorry I'm making these changes so fast. I am *really* interested in hearing from anyone who is trying out my revised RcxCC, by the way. :-) Anyway, this version (available from the link above) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Wishlist leJOS

Hi! I'm a leJos newbie, but at a glance, I miss the logging functions that I think NQC has, the ability to store numbers in the RCX for later upload. Is ther a chance that it will be implemented ? At least I would appreciate it Björn Lundin (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Which way is faster?

By "fastest", I assume you mean the smallest worst case latency between a condition happening and the RCX responding to it. Option #2 has the drawback that while the RCX is responding to one condition, it won't be looking for the other ones. So the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Which way is faster?

I want to know which way is faster: 1. Use three tasks to watch sensors task watch1() { while (true) { if () { .. } } } task watch2() { while (true) { if () { .. } } } task watch3() { while (true) { if () { .. } } } 2. Use one task with multi (...) (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Dynamic lists allowed?

(...) Thanks for your help. The program is running fine now. Would you happen to know if anyone has created this sort of high level functions? If not more people might be interested. jm (23 years ago, 13-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New RcxCC revision posted

Anyone who is interested in trying my revised RcxCC can find a copy at: (URL) just uploaded another revision that implements several new features: 1) command line switches: /? or /help = display a help message on startup before continuing /COM=N = (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Dynamic lists allowed?

(...) This should be "struct tNode *next;" (...) After this, any time you want to refer to a tNode, you need to say "struct tNode". Or you can put "typedef struct tNode tNode" and then use the "tNode" as a type like you're doing. (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Dynamic lists allowed?

Since I just got started with legOs (thanks to 'Extreme Mindstorms'), I'm creating a set of high level utility functions. This one here is intended to display a DYNAMIC list of values, but there seems to be a problem with the use of 'struct' and (...) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Internet Controlled Robots

(...) Try this: (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics)

  Internet Controlled Robots

I am wanting to begin experimenting with web based control of the RCX using RoboLAB 2.0 but have not been able to find any information. Can anyone kindly lead to some resources? I have only the knowledge that this can be done, nothing else. (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics)

  NQC for Mac OS X released

I'm sure there are tons of eager Mac users out there who want to start using OS X, but were afraid they'd have to give up Mindstorms. Well, the wait is over... I added a Mac OS X build of NQC to the releases at (URL) Baum (23 years ago, 12-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: R: May I use RCX to play a .wav file?

Zhengrong Zang escribió: (...) WAV2RCX makes a "MIDI" of the wav. I'm also trying to play a wav with the RCX, and I have found this information. The pages explain how to play a tone and a PCM wave with 1 bit speaker, like the famous PC-speaker, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  AI, Neural Nets

A month ago or so, I read a message which had a link about Lego and Artificial Intelligence (is not the van dam one). I remember it had several videos: -Simple Method -Adaline -Neural net ... The higher level the better results. Does anyone know (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Revisions to RcxCC

oh, so that's why I got a "bad" zip this time :) ok, no problem, I'll keep using the 1st release (V.3.2) BTW, I'm now using a .bat that looks something like this: @echo off start /w RCX2.reg start rcxcc.exe start /w Cybermaster.reg start rcxcc.exe (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) Okay, I've fixed the zip. Download the latest revision to rcxcc at: (URL) Hansen (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) The best laid plans of mice and men... My computer died while I was uploading to AOL so the ZIP that is there right now is corrupted. I'll try to remedy the situation as quickly as possible. John Hansen (23 years ago, 11-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) I'll email you what I have. I have not enabled Scout support completely in that I have not touched the "fancy" features of RcxCC that let you watch the brick, etc... Some of them may work. Others may not. What I have enabled is the compile, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

Hi, (...) I don't think so. For my version of RcxCC Scout support, I dumped Scount memory map on various conditions.(Thanks to NQC -raw option!!) I will report the inside of Scout sometime. Scout is similar to Cybermaster as John stated, but I think (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  compiling C++ source under linux

Hi it's the 1st time I ask for your help. I have an urgent problem: i'm preparing a little software in C++ with legOS for linux for an university exam: I cannot 'make' C++ libraries nor main file: in the Makefile.common file there's a macro that (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  compiling C++ source under linux

Hi it's the 1st time I ask your help. I have an urgent problem: i'm preparing a little software in C++ with legOS for linux for an university exam: I make C++ libraries nor main file: in the Makefile.common file there's a macro that invoke (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RE: Revisions to RcxCC

Ah :) That would be great ! It's very usefull for "debuging" Thxs, :) mc. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Very interresting pages about works around the RCX

Hi, Just have a closer look : (URL) smart robots, homebrew sensors & actuators, projects,... Very good work made by them. - Christophe - (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  c++, sensor declaration

Hallo! I tried to declare sensors global, out of main(): Motor motor(Motor::B); LightSensor s(LightSensor::S3,false); int main(){ ... } make reports an error: /home/micha/legOS/util/makelx test.ds1 test.ds2 test.lx test.ds1: address out of bounds on (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: c++, classes

Hallo Frank, yes, it helped, thanks. But I still don't understand the background. Normally, in c++ you can initialize your private components in the body of the constructor or with a initialization list, like in your suggestion. Reagards. Michael (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

John, Yes please mail me your source code so I can add scout support to my program. In the beta version I added syntax highlighting the same way as in RCXCC only programmed in VB. The final version uses a complete new editor with support everything (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Serial talking between RCX and pc

Hi! Does anyone know how to make a pc and a RCX talk to each other? I've seen some examples of basic communication like downloading programs or 'turn on motor A'. But I've not seen a protocol, i.e. sending down data that is to be processed by the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) Yeah, that went away as soon as I started using the RCX 2.0 locals for variable allocation - the symbolic information just didn't survive the rework. And I completely forgot to put it back in. I'm working on enhancing the listing a bit. I'll (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC, Join Forces !

(...) That's a very good idea, JOIN FORCES (1+1>2) , divide the work and release your source codes, and make RCXcc alomost as popular as LINUX. Maybe sometimes in the future, when I've more time available, I'll join you. (...) Stef Mientki (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: another sensor multiplexer

thanks for the compliments Michael, but I see it more as an evolution , I used a lot of ideas of others (including yours), so you must have created one her "grand parents". Let's all continue to exchange and combine the ideas, to create new (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RoboLab prg size limit?

Do you have a url of an image of your program? or a url where someone could download it? I think the limit is around 1500 icons. (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) Adding Scout support, if you are relying on Spirit.ocx, is essentially the same as providing Cybermaster support. It was very simple for me to add Scout support to RcxCC. I'll email you my revised RcxCC source code if you'd like. I am not a (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Revisions to RcxCC

I've tested your RcxCC version, and it works great with RCX2 (AFAIK). (ah, and still works simultaneously with CyberMaster too, eheh) That reminds me, one very useful thing for people working with various pBricks simultaneously (like myself), would (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

Hi, I'm Ronald Strijbosch from the Netherlands and I have made a brent new program based om RCXCC, called Visual NQC 2001. The program is still in beta but the final version will be released soon. I think this program is verry interesting for you so (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RoboLab prg size limit?

I'm using robolab 1.5 for a school project, and i'm encountering some difficulty. I think i'm a pretty profiencent programmer if i think abotu it long enough, but right now i'm baffeled. I'm pretty sure the program is crashing in the RCX, so maybe (...) (23 years ago, 9-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: BattleBricks

Will Gorman <willgorman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GBFt8L.F6F@lugnet.com... (...) I've been doing exactly this kind of thing with a few other people (all the robots are human-controlled, but mostly with wires) -- it seems fairly popular. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help with Windows 2000 and nqc

Cycling through all of the Com ports with the nqc command (nqc -SCOM1,2,4 -d test.nqc) gives the message 'Could not open serial port' for each port tried. nqc -SCOM3 -d test.nqc gives the error 'no replay from RCX'. With the -v option, Com Ports 1,2 (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Help with Windows 2000 and nqc

What com port is the tower attached to? By default, NQC assumes com port 1. If you use a different port, you'll need to specify it either with a -S option or by setting the RCX_PORT environment variable. For example, if you are using COM 2, you (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Help with Windows 2000 and nqc

(and all of the RCXcc updates) I have been happily using Linux to write nqc programs for over a year now, but I needed to migrate back to Windows 2000 for a while. So far, I can do everything I need except program my RCX! I loaded the Mindstorms (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: dll problems

Nevermind, I figured it out. Apparently some of the programs weren't compiled correctly in the demo folder because some of them worked and some didn't. I was able to recompile some of them and then they would download. Wierd but at least I figured (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

Works great! Nice to see the Scout support. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New version: MacNQC 2.2.1

Hi all, I have just uploaded a new version of MacNQC. Version 2.2.1 is a minor release based on 2.2 and only changes the compiler from 2.2r2 to 2.3r1 and fixes a crash on older Power PC machines. Version 2.2 updated the text editor to WASTE 2.0. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: program wont stop running

(...) If the person stops running, then that means the program has stopped. The "Run" button stops a program and turns off the motors. However, when a program finished normally (with nothing more to do), the motors are left in whatever state the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BattleBricks

Hello All, Just wanted to let you know about a site my friends and I put together. Check it out, and let me know what you think! www.battlebricks.com Will (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: dll problems

Hmmm.... After messing around with it some more, I'm getting a new error message: "error creating program" . quite similar to the last one but not quite the same. Thought that might help in figuring this out. Nate Ridderman (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  dll problems

Hi, I'm trying to install legOS 0.2.4 on my rcx from a windows system. I need to use it for a computer programming class I'm taking. I was able to download everything and successfully installed the firmware, however I'm unable to use the dll program (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: program wont stop running

(...) The program has stopped running. It stops as soon as it starts... You just need to STOP the motor when your done. Otherwise it just stays on... Dean -- Coin-Op's For Sale!: (URL) Lego Workshop: (URL) Lego Club: (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

I'm Tamotsu Kamigaki from Japan. I am teaching the Computer Science in university. I had already modified the RcxCC to support the Scout and the USB IrTower that is included in RIS2.0 set. The RIS2.0 set was released in Nov. 2000 only in Japan. My (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: another sensor multiplexer

Calling that just "another sensor multiplexer" is a big understatement. It has to be the mother of all multiplexers. Nice work. Stef Mientki <s.mientki@ids.kun.nl> wrote in message news:3ACE4422.C15242....kun.nl... (...) (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) Looking into the way syntax highlighting is performed in RcxCC revealed a few "features" that I find undesirable. In my experience, the Undo doesn't really work right. It also appears to be counting the change of highlighting as a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  program wont stop running

O.k., I've never had this happen before, and don't know why it's doing it now. A program as simple as: task main() { SetPower(OUT_A,7); OnFwd(OUT_A); } won't stop running after i hit the "Run" button on the rcx (1.5). Also, the little person in the (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: RCX Comm via input-output connection?

(...) There's a couple of other ways to do it (besides the off / float mentioned by others): 1. Have the motor off RCX1 drive a rotation sensor on RCX2. Requires more space & parts. 2. Use LNP (infra-red communication). But requires that RCXs are in (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  another sensor multiplexer

Features 3 potmeters 10 switches 3 external analog inputs 3 status LEDs test terminals (URL) Mientki (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  OT: Exploration Mars Balloon Tires Part#

Hello Does anyone know the LEGO-Shop-At-Home part# for the balloon tires that come with the Exploration Mars Expansion Set ? Thanks Tim Goodwin (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: RCX Comm via input-output connection?

Hi Jakob, Search for "Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs" thread on lugnet.robotics.rcx.ncq and various threads on lugnet.robotics ((URL) such as "CM-RCX" and more. I'm finishing up a *NQC* input/output VLL lib that supports direct electrical (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX Comm via input-output connection?

Hi, Jakob, It is possible and discussed here several times. Have a look at this : (URL) ;-) Why not use the search button ? ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX Comm via input-output connection?

Hi! Does anyone know if it is possible to have to RCXs communicate by connecting the motor outputs of one to the sensor inputs to the other? I have a slight feeling this could burn things due to the high-voltage (relatively) output of the RCX motor (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does 9719 include a adapter?

(...) No it doesn't, but any 12V AC *or* DC adapter will do (polarity is irrelevant). Matthias Jetleb VA3-MWJ (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) I am considering taking advantage of the -raw option on NQC or possibly the -remote option to further enable RcxCC in the absence of Spirit.ocx. Of course, most users of RcxCC will have spirit.ocx, but Scout users may not. I'm not planning on (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Exploration Mars Balloon Tires Part#

Hello Would anyone happen to know the LEGO Shop-At-Home part # for the Balloon Tires that come with the Exploration Mars expanion set ? Thanks Tim Goodwin (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: Does 9719 include a adapter?

No. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Does 9719 include a adapter?

I got a new 9719 recently, but there is no adapter, I chcked the inventory of 9719, also no adapter, does 9719 include a adapter? Zhengrong (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

(...) from (...) for (...) and (...) Looking further, I note that the newton.meter is the preferred unit for the quantity "moment of force" (also known as torque). (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

I did'nt have the piece with me at the time I posted to lugnet, and yes Symbology is important. Increadibly, all of these mechanical aspects can be mapped out and calculated. It's just cool. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

(...) Using a unit of energy for torque would be very strange. You get an energy if you turn s.th. against a torque through some angle (expressed in radians, I think). Angles have no unit (or just 1), hence the units of torque and energy are equal. (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: c++, classes

Hi Michael, if you want to use a declarator list in the constructor you have to use the following syntax: /******* Implementation of the constructor ***...***/ LightSensorHead::Lig...ensorHead( const Motor::Port motorport, const Sensor::Port (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Lejos Rerun

(...) Isn't the memory battery backed? I had intended to get it to shut down before the batteries go completely flat for this reason. I can then swap battery packs(I am using external sealed lead acid batteries and the internal batteries back this (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

hi John, Great idea, (for RCXcc is a very good application, even my children can write programs with it) I just had the same idea, but my time is limited. I've need some more ideas, here are some of mine ideas (and bugs), I wanted to implement: - (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  c++, classes

Hallo! I try to write a class for legOS in c++. The constructor should get parameters for the used ports for a motor and two sensors, which are private components of the class. Then the contructor should assign these given ports to the private motor (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

Don't punish yourself! At least you rendered the symbols from the gear correctly. There are at least four errors in the message I was responding to: (1) confusing the prefix n for nano with the unit symbol N for newton; (2) attaching two prefixes (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) You can probably use NQC to implement a lot of the other fancy features as well. The "-raw" option for NQC lets you send raw byte packets. You'd need to figure out the actual bytecodes from Lego's LASM document, but you wouldn't have to worry (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Can you test it for me?

I made a lx file, but I can't test it, could you help me? (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Revisions to RcxCC

(...) This is unclear. What I mean to say is that I'm revising RcxCC so that it will be able to run in the situation where you do not have the Spirit OCX installed on your system. Since NQC is all that is required to compile, download, and run a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Revisions to RcxCC

I'm working on a revision to Mark Overmars' fantastic RcxCC program. I'm an experienced Delphi programmer so that's no problem. But I'm not all that experienced with NQC or the RCX generally. I've got a the latest version of NQC, a Cybermaster, an (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

(...) My guess is that SENSOR_1 in your receiving RCX is getting a 1 when your program starts. I imagine that OFF is the default state for OUT_B in your transmitter RCX, and that the receiver is seeing this before OUT_B is switched to FLOAT. This is (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

"Constantine Hannaher" <constantine.hannahe...shome.com> wrote in message news:GB7xrE.KJ3@lugnet.com... (...) Whoah! Thanks for the insights everybody! N.cm? This stuff is meant to be used by 12 year old kids? 27 year old kid hangs his head in (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: max size of .lx

(...) I don't know what the max is, but I have routinely worked with .lx files up to about 12,000 bytes, so you should be fine. (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

N.cm = newton.centimeter (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

Oh ya, and I used one in the Neck of the Hexapod-armature. So when the neck moved all the way to the Right or Left, the slip gear kicked in and it would'nt break it's own neck. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

(...) Actually it rotates separately only above a certain torque (if you don't know what torque is, think force), that's the 2.5 - 5.0 Ncm mentioned on the inscription. You can use it to prevent damage to your model when your gear train is stalled. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

Ok, this is called a "Slip Gear" or "Torque Gear" It is used to prevent over rotation by means of an internal clutch, the 2.5 - 5.0 NCM I belive means the range of operable force applied before the clutch disengages. Nano Centemeter of force. In (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

Ok, this is called a "Slip Gear" or "Torque Gear" It is used to prevent over rotation by means of an internal clutch, the 2.5 - 5.0 NCM I belive means the range of operable force applied before the clutch disengages. Nano Centemeter of force. In (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

I think it is called a "clutch" gear. It is used in place of a regular gear when the gear train that it is in may get locked up. It will then slip, which will prevent damage to the motor. I imagine it has other uses too... -HTH -Andy Lynch ----- (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  baffled by a part in RIS 1.5

Hello! There is a part in my RIS set which i have never used. Nor can I think of what it could be used for, or describe it without using words like "weird" and "what the". It's a thick white gear, 1 stud wide by three studs in diameter. One one (...) (23 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Electrical Data Link between 2 RCXs

(...) Hi Dean, meanwhile I followed your suggestions and implemented a scheme that uses a pulse scheme like this: ______ ______ ______ __ ______ ______ ___...___ Start Bit3 Bit2 Bit1 Bit0 A bit value of 1 results in a long pulse, a bit value of 0 in (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  max size of .lx

I got a .lx file that size is 9660 bytes, I am not sure if it can be downloaded to RCX, what is the max size of .lx? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  What difference between 0.2.4 and 0.2.5?

I am using 0.2.4 now, I want to know what difference between 0.2.4 and 0.2.5 to decide if I need to upgrade it. Br Zhengrong (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RIS 1.5 Arrived! Dooh!!!

My RIS 1.5 finally arrived today from Amazon.com! Yay! Unpacked it. Wow, lots of wheels. Ah, that's the RCX I've read about. Let's try 'er out. Put batteries in it. hmmmm..... doesn't turn on.... must be the stupid battery charger... Put in fresh (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Combo sensors (rotation AND light, same input)

Hi, I've got a way to use a Rotation sensor and a light sensor on the same input, and get reliable, useful values from both. This is for real. See : (URL) was interested if anyone else has done this. Enjoy everyone. Mike Amy (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

hi Nitil, that's a nice and simple cirquit, but isn't there anything wrong with the grouding ? (...) -- met vriendelijke groet, Stef Mientki email: s.mientki@ids.kun.nl tel: 024 361 3905 fax: 024 354 1211 Postadres: KUN / fmw 171 Instrumentele (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Yet another Q: IR messages

(...) Hi Tobias I'm not very familiar with NQC events, but if you want to use a blocking function for receiving your message, use parts of the code i posted before. int local_message = 0; int global_message = 0; task main() { //do what you like (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Yet another Q: IR messages

If I am understanding what you want correclty (I have never used the RCX-code) only NQC then try this. Assume: RCX2 is sending message # 15 to RCX1. RCX1 is in a waiting state until it gets the message RCX code: . . . While (Message() != 15){ ++i; } (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: "Speed" of control statments

Actually, its not a general programming question. Efficiency of something like events is heavily dependent on the operating system (in this case the Lego firmware). Efficiency of "if" vs. "switch" can be very dependent on the compiler and the CPU (...) (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: light sensor multiplexer

Hello to every one.... all the time I was promising to put up ckt Digram for time being I have included hand drawn Ckt visit (URL) I am using are low thereshold FETs (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact