 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1055
Re: Revisions to RcxCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:25:42 GMT

hi John,

Great idea, (for RCXcc is a very good application, even my children can write programs with it)
I just had the same idea, but my time is limited.

I've need some more ideas, here are some of mine ideas (and bugs), I wanted to implement:
- locking of the 5 programs, just as in the original Lego programmer (interesting if you've more than 1 child playing with it)
- auto save the modified file before compiling (sometimes NQC hangs and I'll lose all changes)
- sometimes the IR-communication fails and the only way to get RCXcc working again is to restart the computer
- a button, which does everything:

     stop the running program
     stop polling if it was running
     save the modified file
     compile and download
     run the program
     enable polling if poll window was active

- cut / paste from the clipboard doesn't work always, specially if copied from an html document
- communication between RCX and computer (think of datalogging, map of a room, playing wav files, sending emails, in general: execute another windows program en sending the RCX messages as windows messages to that application, and of course controling of the RCX like robolab. I don't know if all of this is possible)
- including a wav2RCX module, so you'l have more sounds in the RCX. (I've written a Delphi-5 program, which translates a wav file into NQC-code, my original idea was to let the RCX talk, but that's not possible)

Succes with it, I like to try you program when I've some more time.
P.S. I'll hope you'll publish the source files.

John Hansen wrote:

I'm working on a revision to Mark Overmars' fantastic RcxCC program.  I'm an
experienced Delphi programmer so that's no problem.  But I'm not all that
experienced with NQC or the RCX generally.  I've got a the latest version of
NQC, a Cybermaster, an RCX 1.0, the 2.0 beta firmware, the VisionCommand
firmware, and a Scout.  So I'll be testing it myself over the next few days.
But I'd like to ask for volunteers to try it out.

I've modified the source so it will execute without the Spirit OCX installed
with limited functionality.  It uses NQC in that case for all its functionality.

Email me if you'd like to test this revised version.

John Hansen

Stef Mientki